Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

Mtnpilot

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

Yes and no. You can't get verizon lte but you can get 3G and CDMA.

As far as a software update helping with reception, if the hardware is bad, then highly doubtful. If the update doesn't help I might try and exchange EVOs. But they nerfed the hboot and there are people with new ones who have problems that I don't have. Le sigh

Typed with Swiftkey flow beta

I've had my Evo LTE since they first came out last summer. Acually was thinking of verizon because of the LTE. Have not been thrilled with sprints rollout of LTE in the western half of the states (like zero.....with no projected dates that I've found for the northwest). Verizon covers LTE very well around here and sprints 3g is nearly useless it is so slow.

smkyle

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

I've had my Evo LTE since they first came out last summer. Acually was thinking of verizon because of the LTE. Have not been thrilled with sprints rollout of LTE in the western half of the states (like zero.....with no projected dates that I've found for the northwest). Verizon covers LTE very well around here and sprints 3g is nearly useless it is so slow.

Totally agree. I'm with Sprint cause of the unlimited data. But that rarely comes into play cause they are so slow. I would switch to verizon for the speed but I would always be going over on data...

vbockius

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site

I would switch to verizon for the speed but I would always be going over on data...

How much data do you use? Wifi at home? I have 2 phones, both on wifi at home, so we haven't used over 1 gig any month in the last year according to Sprint's website...So a 4 gig plan with Verizon would only be $20.00 more per month and i'd get 4X the data i've ever used (assuming we'd use more because we'd have LTE)

smkyle

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

How much data do you use? Wifi at home? I have 2 phones, both on wifi at home, so we haven't used over 1 gig any month in the last year according to Sprint's website...So a 4 gig plan with Verizon would only be $20.00 more per month and i'd get 4X the data i've ever used (assuming we'd use more because we'd have LTE)

I stream audio constantly and during baseball season I often stream video. And I like to download movies and music. My rom is about 600mb so when that was getting updates a few times a week... Most I ever did was 20GB in a month, but a lot of months I don't do more than 2 or 3 gigs

vbockius

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site

Most I ever did was 20GB in a month, but a lot of months I don't do more than 2 or 3 gigs

The 4 gig plan is about $20.00 per month more with 2 phones, if you are alone maybe only about $10.00 more per month, My plan is up in Feb. and I was going to switch to get the DNA and LTE, but saw on Community Blog List - Sprint 4G Rollout Updates that permits pulled and work started in Ct so may not be long before I have LTE....we will see what comes first LTE in CT or Feb...

smkyle

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

FWIW, Sprint just put out a new PRL 25010. Dunno what changed or how it will affect my experience. I imagine it is very location specific. Anyone know what they're talking about on this?

koam

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site

I am a facebook user. I don't have my fb contacts synced on the phone.

Here's an interesting artifact. I have an ex-fb friend (someone i didn't really know but who had been a fb friend months ago) who had a phone number entered on FB, evidently, as 0000000000000. When a number like that calls me (obviously a blocked caller ID or from within some place where correct caller ID isn't transmitted), that fb person's name and image comes up on the phone....even though 1) that person is no longer connected to me on fb, 2) my fb contacts aren't synced with phone and 3) that person is not listed in my phone contacts (the People app).

It's not a huge deal but when I receive calls from 00000000000 or +33600000000000000 that person still comes up as the caller ID on the phone.

Now if I look in my Call History and click the little rolodex card icon at the right of this person's name, then a profile comes up on my phone screen for that person...and there's no way to delete that. I suppose I could purge all of my contacts

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site

Its going to be interesting when the "HTC M7" debuts early next year. I will go out on a limb and say that it will come loaded with Android 4.2. The real question is.....if Key Lime Pie debuts at the Google I/O in the spring, how long will it take for the HTC M7 to get it????

We might see the same debacle with that phone like we are experiencing with the One series and Evo LTE.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

vbockius

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site

3) that person is not listed in my phone contacts (the People app).
When you open people app, click phone book in the top left corner, from there you pick what shows up in your people app, maybe its still syncing but not clicked to show up, so you don't see them listed in the people app...? just a thought

vbockius

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site

Now if I look in my Call History and click the little rolodex card icon at the right of this person's name, then a profile comes up on my phone screen for that person...and

It would explain this....I don't have every category checked to show up in people app, so some contacts don't list there, but i'm able to still get them in say the messaging app by typing first couple of letters....

They are in the phone and syncing, just not listed in the people app, because I set it that way in the app

liquid29

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site

I'm about 99% done with Sprint. Between the updates on this phone breaking things and the lack of LTE, I think I'm finally past my loyalty point. I've been with Sprint for 11 years, and up until the last year I had very few complaints. It's a shame, but it's looking like Big Red is going to be getting my cash very soon.

vbockius

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site

I'm about 99% done with Sprint. Between the updates on this phone breaking things and the lack of LTE, I think I'm finally past my loyalty point. I've been with Sprint for 11 years, and up until the last year I had very few complaints. It's a shame, but it's looking like Big Red is going to be getting my cash very soon.

If you seen my earlier posts on previous page, I was thinking same thing, but LTE is being worked on here in CT according to s4gru.com , I saw a screenshot from a Sprint user with LTE in Bronx NY on G+ that showed 25 meg D/L speed, so when we get it, it's going to be great...I might hang on a little longer

BigPuddin

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

Between the contacts lag and Sprint's horrible service, I was going to get a Nexus 4 and jump ship. Fortunately for me I was not able to order a Nexus 4, Sprint gave me a new Evo LTE and their service improved dramatically in Washington DC. I even get 4g in parts of the city I'm in fairly often. All I can say about Sprint's service is, if you are scheduled any time soon, expect it to be longer than they say, and when it happens, it's not like a burst and now you have great service everywhere. You see improvements here and there until eventually your phone is at least usable again.

BigPuddin

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

I've gotta say that this thread continues to be my new General Hospital.

But I asked, dozens of pages ago, about people who have these issues getting replacement phones. One person, ONE, responded and said they had gotten a replacement and were no longer having issues. My point was that if you have a problem, don't wait around for 3 months. Yes, it's been 3 months since that screwy update. Be proactive. Take it to a service center. Call tech support and get it documented a few times. Then you get a replacement device. It isn't that difficult. Once you get the replacement you can verify that it doesn't have the newest, and defective, software, because it shouldn't. If it does you're within your rights to refuse it and demand another. You'll get it, or at some point get a GS3 or a Photon Q or whatever, and then deal with the different issues those devices have.

Has HTC done us dirty? Absolutely. They're taking too long to get a fix out. My guess? They figure few people got the update because they pulled it real quick, so they will incorporate the fix into the update they're completing for JB. When you have a finite amount of people to program you prioritize, whether we agree with their priorities or not. What they should have done, minimally, is to re-push the prior OTA, to correct the lag issues' and people would have a less bitter pill to swallow during this protracted wait for JB. They didn't do that. But people who have the lag could have done that themselves by getting a replacement device that isn't loaded with the bad ROM. If you had a blown speaker or a bad 3G radio would you wait for someone to swing by your house and replace the device? No, you'd take it in. Was it your fault it failed? No, but you have to be a little bit proactive. The same thing applies here. Please understand that I am not telling people to "root or shut up". I hate that and believe it to be a completely invalid argument. You buy a device and there's an expectation of performance. If you want more, then root. But if you just want what was advertised, you should get that without rooting.

I'd be curious to know what software version everyone is running, regardless of the contact lag. I'm on 2.13.651.1 710RD. I know BigPuddin got a replacement device within the last couple of weeks so I'm curious what he's running.

Same software version here:
2.13.651.1 710RD

thatguy7#AC

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

I'd be curious to know what software version everyone is running, regardless of the contact lag. I'm on 2.13.651.1 710RD. I know BigPuddin got a replacement device within the last couple of weeks so I'm curious what he's running.

2.13.651.1 710RD and I have pretty much every mentioned problem on the forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888