Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

koam

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

I'm still stuck unable to find a way to get the MIC icon back onto the period key on the stock keyboard. It was there for the first hour of JB and has been gone since. I've looked in every menu I could find. I currently cannot access Google Voice Typing at all.

stugots101

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site

Look what I wrote to HTC on twitter

HTC USA ‏@HTCUSA
EVO 4G LTE fans: we give you - Jelly Bean! Updates will roll out soon, and you can download it manually today. Twitpic - Share photos and videos on Twitter
View photo
2h rob ‏@stugots101
@HTCUSA We appreciate the update, we also would like an apology for keeping us in the dark with a broken glitchy phone for 3 months
Hide conversation
2:47 PM - 13 Dec 12 ? Details

2h HTC USA ‏@HTCUSA
@stugots101 We truly apologize for any frustration, Rob. Glad that you're all set up with the update!

Razor1967

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site

I updated all seems to be fine....I hope it fixes everyone's issues...I had none before the update...so far everything works much smoother.

klamer

May 14, 2010
Visit site

Anyone having an issue with their app drawer opening up but not showing anything periodically? Also folders on the home screen won't open when this condition exists.
If I open up the notification blind then go back to the HS it works as intended. Guess I'll try a reset and see if that resolves it.

This may have been causing a problem

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...=org.jraf.android.nolock&hl=en&token=S0KvEFG_

I see that the EVO comes with a no lock screen option now tho, that may have been causing some problems. Disabled it and the issue hasn't reappeared.
yay me

krishna1731

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site

I have the weather location problem?? I live in Reno, NV but my EVO shows my current location as Bolivar.

Anybody else have the problem??

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

Look what I wrote to HTC on twitter

HTC USA ‏@HTCUSA
EVO 4G LTE fans: we give you - Jelly Bean! Updates will roll out soon, and you can download it manually today. Twitpic - Share photos and videos on Twitter
View photo
2h rob ‏@stugots101
@HTCUSA We appreciate the update, we also would like an apology for keeping us in the dark with a broken glitchy phone for 3 months
Hide conversation
2:47 PM - 13 Dec 12 ? Details

2h HTC USA ‏@HTCUSA
@stugots101 We truly apologize for any frustration, Rob. Glad that you're all set up with the update!

They could have given you the Thunderbolt treatment buddy

koam

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site

I'm still stuck unable to find a way to get the MIC icon back onto the period key on the stock keyboard. It was there for the first hour of JB and has been gone since. I've looked in every menu I could find. I currently cannot access Google Voice Typing at all.

Yet another hard reboot fixed this issue. Earlier, hard reboots fixed the WiFi non-routing issue I had as soon as JB was installed.

I'd recommend several hard reboots to try to fix any JB issue.

ncfanboy

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site

Is anyone having a problem with live wallpapers being glitchy during the panning

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Adriel Romo

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

The touch screen is way more responsive now I am loving it so much smoother when using the Dolphin Browser. One thing I dislike is that HTC no longer has that awesome black on screen calculator. Instead they replaced it with an ugly wooden one and a plain ugly white one -__- why they did that Idk.

RedMouseBall

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

USB OTG... WORKS!!!!! f-yeah! verified using a keyboard, a mouse and a USB stick. you have to use Astro though, as File Expert doesn't support it. one more thing to test... PS3 controller. This is awesome! HTC thank you, thank you, thank you!

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site

FUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! anybody loose their old pictures and videos during update?

Actually all my double and triple of same are gone thankfully ! Looks a like album order is different. Also you can move photos to different albums so easy now.

sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk2

Adriel Romo

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

FUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! anybody loose their old pictures and videos during update?

When you go to gallery and choose my phone. There is a tab in the upper left hand corner that says Events. Drop it down and choose albums and it will be like the older version and show all your photos and videos. Hopefully you didn't lose your stuff and instead just can't find it.

RedMouseBall

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

Somebody earlier said the update unmounted their SD card. Try pulling yours and reinstalling.

Oh thank you so much dude, I can kiss you (not in a gay way, not my thing) Priceless photos and vids of my daughters 1st year of life are STILL in there. I almost cried when I didn't see them at first. I pulled the SD and the stuff showed back up. whew, backup time (via USB OTG... pwnd).

AetherJones

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site

Is anyone having a problem with live wallpapers being glitchy during the panning

Yes I use the ones from dualboot and they glitch a little now for me.

The touch screen is way more responsive now I am loving it so much smoother when using the Dolphin Browser. One thing I dislike is that HTC no longer has that awesome black on screen calculator. Instead they replaced it with an ugly wooden one and a plain ugly white one -__- why they did that Idk.

I like the white one but yeah I miss the black one too. And I dunno what's up with the wooden one. A Wooden calculator?

I wish that HTC would do be better with their themes... They have a great Steel skin so make messager skins and widgets that match already.