Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

I am playing with Google now and anything I ask it answers with a voice response. Very cool

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

treyguad

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

okay I need help. I was rooted and had CM10 on my EVOLTE and then when the update came out i denced to to unroot and update. well i flashed the stock rom and now im stuck in a bootloop. what do i do. i am unable to flash the boot.img which is what i think i need to do at this point.

ncfanboy

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site

I'm curious if HTC fixed the Evo 4g lte problem with 4g switching over correctly without airplane mode can anyone in a lte area confirm this

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

hoandrews

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
After JB Update Still Having 4G Connection Problems

JB update went well except I can see no difference in phone's abilitiy to lock on to a 4g signal with Connections Optimizer checked on. As was the case before JB, I occassionaly get 4g but it often reverts back to 3g, which sometimes is painfully slow. I still believe the antenna is weak compared to other phones such as the S3. I don't think there is a software fix for this problem. I am encourged that Sprint is upgrading a tower closer to me, so I should be able to get a stronger signal and more a more consistent 4g connection.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Re: After JB Update Still Having 4G Connection Problems

JB update went well except I can see no difference in phone's abilitiy to lock on to a 4g signal with Connections Optimizer checked on. As was the case before JB, I occassionaly get 4g but it often reverts back to 3g, which sometimes is painfully slow. . I don't think there is a software fix for this problem. I am encourged that Sprint is upgrading a tower closer to me, so I should be able to get a stronger signal and more a more consistent 4g connection.

There could be no problem at all? Perhaps your 4G signal is just too weak and it is doing what it is supposed to do- revert back to 3g...

bluespyder117

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

I've gone thru most of the phone at this point and feel like there will be an update soon. I noticed a few little things that I honestly feel would be there if this was complete. Things like HTC hub, some Widgets like the 1x4 people widget, and a few settings here and there. Has anyone rooted the jelly beaned evos yet and can anyone check to see if there are inactive apps and folders hidden that are not running? I feel like the unfinished apps are there and could be ported out to xda devs to complete faster than HTC can.

admire816

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

Has anyone else had a problem with in texting it keeps turning the send calback number on under sending options? Everytime I text someone it turns itself back on and sends my phone number at the end of the message.

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

I had some bugs but a full long press "battery pull" fixed it

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

hoandrews

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

There could be no problem at all? Perhaps your 4G signal is just too weak and it is doing what it is supposed to do- revert back to 3g...

It's same complaint we've heard before. The signal is not too weak for the S3. Went to the Spint store and the rep compared my Evo with his S3. The S3 locked on to 4g, while my phone fluctuated back and forth between 3g and 4g.

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

It's same complaint we've heard before. The signal is not too weak for the S3. Went to the Spint store and the rep compared my Evo with his S3. The S3 locked on to 4g, while my phone fluctuated back and forth between 3g and 4g.

Mine locks on to 4g better than my brother's s3

SENT FROM MY JELLYBEAN EATING EVO!

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

Mine is working perfectly switching back and forth,, then again it did before.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

Rsximporter99

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site

I was just going to make a separate thread about this but since we are discussing it here I wont.... I wanna hear people's experience about LTE connectivity.... I CAN VOUCH that this new UPDATE FIXED my LTE issues. I live in Los Angeles a area that has not been officially announced by sprint but through Sensorly.com I knew that certain areas have it including where I live.... Driving thru the freeway/highway my phone would be a toss up.... sometimes it would detect 4g sometimes it wouldnt... it was rather annoying! I would have to toggle to airplane mode to force it to LTE...I was keeping a close eye on my fone on my way to work and back and my phone would now detect 4G everytime switched between 3g/4g almost on a dime...took maybe 1-3 minutes to switch where as before the update it would be just random! I feel they fixed something with LTE connectivity and this beyond everything else makes me happier than having Google now and minor UI tweaks.

liquid29

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site

Then again I stuck with my Palm Pre wayyyyyyyyy to long too.....lol :D
Man, I'm with you there. What a disappointment that such a great OS got manhandled. In more recent events, I made the switch to Verizon yesterday. I went in just to see the options, and when it took 7 minutes to login to my Sprint account on the 3G, I was done. It's gonna be about $30 more a month, but I know the coverage and data speeds are good from people I know, so it's worth it. Got a Droid DNA too, so it's almost the same phone.

ncfanboy

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site

I was just going to make a separate thread about this but since we are discussing it here I wont.... I wanna hear people's experience about LTE connectivity.... I CAN VOUCH that this new UPDATE FIXED my LTE issues. I live in Los Angeles a area that has not been officially announced by sprint but through Sensorly.com I knew that certain areas have it including where I live.... Driving thru the freeway/highway my phone would be a toss up.... sometimes it would detect 4g sometimes it wouldnt... it was rather annoying! I would have to toggle to airplane mode to force it to LTE...I was keeping a close eye on my fone on my way to work and back and my phone would now detect 4G everytime switched between 3g/4g almost on a dime...took maybe 1-3 minutes to switch where as before the update it would be just random! I feel they fixed something with LTE connectivity and this beyond everything else makes me happier than having Google now and minor UI tweaks.
good to hear I really hope that Sprint and HTC fixed this Issue of having to switch to Airplane mode to pick up an LTE Signal I could literally be a few feet away from the tower and it would stay connected to 3g . (I hope that its not a hardware issue) I moved recently from an active LTE deployment area to another second round market that really has not gotten LTE quite up in areas ye ((so i cannot test it) If this issue is not fixed then there are going to be alot of unhappy EVO owners when LTE comes to their market. (myself included)

Rsximporter99

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site

NO I hear YA ....i told myself to give them a chance with a update and if it wasnt i would make switch to S3 even though i like HTC better. It was unacceptable to have to toggle airplane mode to get 4G when it was available. My fone switched 6 times to 4 LTE within a period of 2 hours driving through areas of LA... where before Id be lucky if I saw one successful switch. Very happy with this fix....now i just wish it wasnt so spotty but that will only get fixed as areas keep getting updated towers.

good to hear I really hope that Sprint and HTC fixed this Issue of having to switch to Airplane mode to pick up an LTE Signal I could literally be a few feet away from the tower and it would stay connected to 3g . (I hope that its not a hardware issue) I moved recently from an active LTE deployment area to another second round market that really has not gotten LTE quite up in areas ye ((so i cannot test it) If this issue is not fixed then there are going to be alot of unhappy EVO owners when LTE comes to their market. (myself included)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol