Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

MrSteez

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

Okay guys. I really need some help. I got the update to Jelly Bean on the 13th when it first started and since then my phone has essentially become useless. The touch screen will function temporarily but after a little bit of the screen being on it will cease to function and I cannot do anything. Whenever I do a sim battery pull it works again for a little while and then stops once again. I'll still get text messages and calls the phone doesn't freeze per say I just can't use the touch screen. I have done multiple hard reboots (with Fast Boot off) and a few hard resets. Still nothing.

I've been reading over all these threads and so far I haven't heard about anybody out there having the same problem... Can y'all think of anything to help me?

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site

Does anybody know if you can disable the carousel function for the screens? I really hate it.

Nope. I assume you mean the new "wrap around" behavior of the carousel, which I also hate. To me, it makes it more difficult to know which screen is being used, and I will sometimes go "too far". At least they didn't revert to the pre-ICS behavior of the Evo 3D where the carousel would "spin" uncontrollably when you flick too hard. I *REALLY* detested that.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

Nope. I assume you mean the new "wrap around" behavior of the carousel, which I also hate. To me, it makes it more difficult to know which screen is being used, and I will sometimes go "too far". At least they didn't revert to the pre-ICS behavior of the Evo 3D where the carousel would "spin" uncontrollably when you flick too hard. I *REALLY* detested that.

I LOVED that! I thought it was great and at least had a little flashiness to it. I don't care for the carousel at all. I would prefer to have my wallpaper pan, but if they were going to bring it back, they should have at least made it look cool, like the E3D.

crowrb29

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site

Battery today. Used the phone quite a bit.
Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355726271738.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355726271738.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 120

Emmanuel11

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site

My battery on the first full day of Jellybean

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355729923940.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355729923940.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 122

Nick4208

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site

zmann I dont know why I like it. I first time I used it I hated it. When I rooted my OGevo the first rom I used had it and hated it then, I searched right away for a new rom. I think it should be an option to disable it.

spencer311

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

So after this long wait and all the drinking in less that 4 days I switched back to CM10 lol... Its so much better... Sense kills my phone. It just murders it in every way lol. Miss you guys though.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

So after this long wait and all the drinking in less that 4 days I switched back to CM10 lol... Its so much better... Sense kills my phone. It just murders it in every way lol. Miss you guys though.

I've been debating that one ever since the update

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site

After the update my note everything app is malfunctioning. I can't send notes through messenger. The only option to share is email, anyone else having same issue. I wrote to developer and they are confused and don't have an answer. I changed the market rating from a five to two star for service quality. I think I was being too generous.:beer:;)

sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk2

Last edited:

Adriel Romo

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

Has anyone else had really bad battery life after the update? I closed all my app windows this morning and went on with my daily routine. I was at work all day so the phone wasn't even used much also I didn't watch any videos so what the heck is going on? Before the update I could go all day and night with the phone while using it heavily. I can't even use it lightly without it dying half the day. I guess I am forced to use the power save feature so my phone can actually function -___-
2012_12_18_20_45_08.jpg

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

Has anyone else had really bad battery life after the update? I closed all my app windows this morning and went on with my daily routine. I was at work all day so the phone wasn't even used much also I didn't watch any videos so what the heck is going on? Before the update I could go all day and night with the phone while using it heavily. I can't even use it lightly without it dying half the day. I guess I am forced to use the power save feature so my phone can actually function -___- http://s14.postimage.org/4oayafp7l/2012_12_18_20_45_08.jpg

http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g-lte/235085-battery-after-jb-4.html

Check your usage and see what is using the battery. There's no one magic answer people can tell you on here

Adriel Romo

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

Apparently Google Maps is using 47% of my battery when the window is closed and it isn't even running? I press force stop and the force stop button goes transparent and won't let me press it again like it is actually going to force stop but it doesn't. What the heck
http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g-lte/235085-battery-after-jb-4.html

Check your usage and see what is using the battery. There's no one magic answer people can tell you on here

Adriel Romo

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

No need to freak out people. I uninstalled Google maps or at least it uninstalled the update and now it finally isn't running all the time. I even did a hard reset first which didn't work

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site

Or try unchecking the show notifications option under apps. That's might stop it from constantly running. I think that option has something to do with the update on the travel time to home notification that's pops up periodically.

flyer8493

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

Rooted my phone five days ago because I was tired of waiting for JB and it's release (just my luck). Unrooted and relocked the bootloader and bricked my phone (once again that's my luck). After a couple of hours I managed to unbrick, reinstall the stock rom and do the JB update (Hellz Yeah!). Everything works great except my screen turns off whenever it wants and I can't make or hangup my calls (my luck has to change).

You could have just flashed a stock rooted ROM instead of going through all of that.

Sent from my Nexus 7

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

Apparently Google Maps is using 47% of my battery when the window is closed and it isn't even running? I press force stop and the force stop button goes transparent and won't let me press it again like it is actually going to force stop but it doesn't. What the heck

I had same exact issue, go under map settings and unckeck "location history" and your battery life get better...apparently Google now also constantly uses GPS/maps but that doesnt eats battery...I tested both, "location history" by maps seems to be the one