Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

norbz

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

This is wat we get for crying about wanting jelly bean so badly a faulty os LOL life is beautiful hahahahaaaaa

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

This is wat we get for crying about wanting jelly bean so badly a faulty os LOL life is beautiful hahahahaaaaa

Not for everyone, seems like the majority of people are better off now

Geezerb

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

I agree. I feel bad for those that are worse off, but my phone is substantially better than before update.
So is mine. I now leave Wifi on at all times & find that the phone manages my connections perfectly. It switches from wifi to 4g to 3g seamlessly & I know I always have the best connection.

crowrb29

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site

So I flashed mean bean and it pretty much fixed any issues that I had with jellybean. Lots of advantages to being rooted. Oh and I got sixteen hours of battery yesterday with five or so hours of screen on time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

flyer8493

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

My biggest complaint is the proximity sensor, the screen going blank during calls when I need it on.

Mine did that too, I took it into sprint. They told me my sensor was toast and gave me a new phone. It works great now. Might want to take it in to sprint for a checkup.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

tarn451

May 19, 2011
Visit site

I hope this helps.
Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359636131250.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359636131250.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 81

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site

Oh yes! The proximity sensor seems to be fixed and no shutter sound when camera is in silent!

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

guitarfish

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the heads up on this newest update Steven, I just installed it. My biggest gripes have been the proximity sensor issue and the crashing Navigation app, I hope those are fixed. I'm happy to have a silent camera back too. One thing I reall miss is the wallpaper background "floating" when srolling right and left. That's still gone, oh well.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the heads up on this newest update Steven, I just installed it. My biggest gripes have been the proximity sensor issue and the crashing Navigation app, I hope those are fixed. I'm happy to have a silent camera back too. One thing I reall miss is the wallpaper background "floating" when srolling right and left. That's still gone, oh well.

Can't you just use a custom launcher like go or nova?

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site

I was under the impression that although I'm rooted I could still take the OTAs and that it would just break root. Is this not the case? I'm not able to update. It takes me to recovery and when I try to flash the download package from there it says update failed.

I'm honestly not concerned about losing root as honestly I've been trying to unroot for some weeks. I'm happy enough with my phone that I haven't seen a need for it.

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

That's a really good catch. There's nothing else anywhere online about it that I can see, but it is available on my phone also. For some reason I'm scared to install it... lol

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

I installed and proximity is best it's ever been.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site

I've been looking online too trying to see full details of what it includes but can't find anything yet.. You are absolutely right! Voice mail doesn't black out anymore and so far the phone is working flawlessly

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Duffin

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site

Okay, what was the issue with the Proximity sensor I keep hearing about? Everyone just keeps calling it the "Proximitity sensor issue", but never what the problem actually is.