Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

We going for 5000 or bust this time?

Yay!

Anyway.... Ug, I am not sure I want another update. Especially if it means it will put that damn Blink thing on my home screen and there is no way to turn it off. I have *ZERO* interest in "social media" on my phone, I will never understand why HTC would force something like that on its customers with no "off". And no, you can't just "ignore it"- it will be forever taking up a whole screen, meaning you can never scroll left anymore- something I have been doing with EVERY Android devices for years and years.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

I have *ZERO* interest in "social media" on my phone, I will never understand why HTC would force something like that on its customers with no "off".
It's not just social media. People keep saying that but of the thousands of feeds you can pull only a small fraction are from social networks.

You know that you have no choice but to accept change w/ Android. People are bitchin' about losing the third button on the One, but I remember 4 buttons and trackballs and saving apps to the SD card. Things just change around here. A lot.

ncfanboy

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site

Most of the reviews say blinkfeed can be disabled if you don't want to use it not sure tho. Until or if we get the update, or someone gets a hold on the HTC One.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site

Most of the reviews say blinkfeed can be disabled if you don't want to use it not sure tho. Until or if we get the update, or someone gets a hold on the HTC One.

From what I read, it cannot be disabled. You can choose to set up no feeds, but it is still there on the home screen, taking up the entire "left".

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site

It's not just social media. People keep saying that but of the thousands of feeds you can pull only a small fraction are from social networks.

OK, that is a good point. But I also have no interest in "feeds" :)

You know that you have no choice but to accept change w/ Android.

I don't mind change, but I don't understand why much of it can't be choice. I see no reason why "Blinkfeed" can't be an app as full-screen widget, for example. Then the user could choose to use it or not and where he/she would want to place it.

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site

Yay!

Anyway.... Ug, I am not sure I want another update. Especially if it means it will put that damn Blink thing on my home screen and there is no way to turn it off. I have *ZERO* interest in "social media" on my phone, I will never understand why HTC would force something like that on its customers with no "off". And no, you can't just "ignore it"- it will be forever taking up a whole screen, meaning you can never scroll left anymore- something I have been doing with EVERY Android devices for years and years.

I know everyone is hating on Blinkfeed, but I would encourage you not to until you have used it for a bit. I REALLY like it now that I have used it.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site

I know everyone is hating on Blinkfeed, but I would encourage you not to until you have used it for a bit. I REALLY like it now that I have used it.

My automatic first reaction to anything I am FORCED to do is to dislike it ;)

Kizzmocat

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site

Heh, you're a bit late. If you haven't gotten the update by now, you probably never will...but, seriously, you should have it already at this point.

I think your late! He's wanting the new sense 5 update, I'm sure he had 4+ already, keep up with your threads buddy :p

Posted via Android Central App

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I think your late! He's wanting the new sense 5 update, I'm sure he had 4+ already, keep up with your threads buddy :p

Posted via Android Central App

I talked to my brother's girlfriend's second cousin who works for Sprint and they said the Sense 5 update would be out by early August. I can't wait!

ncfanboy

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site

I talked to my brother's girlfriend's second cousin who works for Sprint and they said the Sense 5 update would be out by early August. I can't wait!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH here we go again!!!!!! I'm hoping that we really do get another update curious about blinkfeed and 4.2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2