Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

I think of CM as stock Android+ but if stock Android is not your cup of tea than CM won't be either, likely.

n7 LTE

Hammer9274

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

Well the Htc DNA update is rolling out......Think this is a good sign that maybe the Evo Lte will get that update soon???

Zookeeper63

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site

HTC @moversi (Executive Director of HTC product placement) says on twitter: "For Evo LTE 4G, we're working with Sprint to go straight to 4.3. Target to enter lab by mid Jan."

I'll believe it when I OTA it. ..

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

HTC @moversi (Executive Director of HTC product placement) says on twitter: "For Evo LTE 4G, we're working with Sprint to go straight to 4.3. Target to enter lab by mid Jan."

I'll believe it when I OTA it. ..

The lab by mid January means ota by June at the earliest. I believe in remember reading that Sprint takes an average of 4 months to test and approve an update.

My EVO 4g LTE will be gathering dust in a drawer relegated to my backup phone role by mid January.

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site

Just activated my HTC one yesterday. Pretty awesome device. I still loved the ltevo but I had an upgrade and the one was only a penny :-D

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Laurb508

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site

Boo for our LTEs would of loved the update we shall see if we get it at all.😕

Posted via Android Central App

bmatlosz

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site

The lab by mid January means ota by June at the earliest. I believe in remember reading that Sprint takes an average of 4 months to test and approve an update.

My EVO 4g LTE will be gathering dust in a drawer relegated to my backup phone role by mid January.

Ditto....

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site

Just a word to the wise. I've had my HTC one going on 5 days. Albeit I know that the battery does have to be conditioned however at this point it seems that the battery life on the LTEvo was quite a bit better. If the battery on the ONE continues to perform like this I don't think I'd ever get through a whole day without charging. It is an amazing device but the battery performance so far has really disappointed. And I don't consider myself a really heavy user. Maybe I'm just jumping the gun and I really hope I am but only time will tell.

sent from my stealth black HTC OnE

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Just activated my HTC one yesterday. Pretty awesome device. I still loved the ltevo but I had an upgrade and the one was only a penny :-D

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Where's it available for a penny? I'm up for the upgrade on January 1st.

*Edit: Nevermind. I found it on Amazon.

Posted via Android Central App

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site

Yeah and if you don't wanna wait for shipping bestbuy will price match.

jwbekens

May 14, 2012
Visit site

Just a word to the wise. I've had my HTC one going on 5 days. Albeit I know that the battery does have to be conditioned however at this point it seems that the battery life on the LTEvo was quite a bit better. ................ Maybe I'm just jumping the gun and I really hope I am but only time will tell.

You are jumping the gun. I have an EVOLTE and my wife and both kids have the One. The One has battery life far exceeding the EVOLTE on wifi, 3G and 4G. It is an easy comparison when we all travel together. Maybe you have a dud, or your accounts are using a lot of juice to synch up initially.

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site

I made a few tweaks that I picked up on the forum today and it seems to be doing much better. I have had battery saver on all day and I turned automatic sync off.

gpdaddy95

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

Double ditto. Getting a Nexus 5 in Feb and zipping over to AT&T with no contract! Two new towers within a mile of my house that both belong to AT&T. I won't know how to act with reception at my house!

kmarx

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site

Im done with HTC. Samsung keeps their phones and devices up to date. Doing the early upgrade to get a Note III. I liked my EVO LTE but its still on 4.1.1 and almost all the Samsung phone have been updated to 4.3..