Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

robwalte

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

That worked like a charm! Many thanks!! I've been spending four days trying to figure this out - I am surprised I have hair left on my head.

Vader1111

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site

I still have yet to install the final "sideload" update. Does this last one do anything about data roaming? That seems to be the only issue I am having.

Will the "sideload" file wipe data?

Hammer9274

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

I still have yet to install the final "sideload" update. Does this last one do anything about data roaming? That seems to be the only issue I am having.

Will the "sideload" file wipe data?

Nope, still no data roaming in the last/"final" update.

elshagon

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site

In addition to the data roaming and camera shutter I'd like to know if anyone else has the following problem. I use a photo as a wallpaper for my home screen. It's stored on the SD card. When I connect to the pc as "disk drive" my wallpaper then changes to the default that came with the new update instead of keeping the one I had on there. I never had this problem before the update. Anyone else experience this?

RP-88

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site

I am not experiencing that issue with SD Card stored images., my wallpaper remains the same.

RP-88

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site

Quick question, does the most recent root and/or s-off method(s) work with the latest update?
If not then it's either wait for updates or run an older RUU to go back?

Still researching methods, would like to root it but don't have to rush the issue. I read up back in the EVO 4G (WiMaxx) days, but have not been inclined to do it on the LTE until recently (about time, I've had the phone a year and a half now haha... and I am seriously looking at an AppRadio3)

Captain_Throwback

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

In addition to the data roaming and camera shutter I'd like to know if anyone else has the following problem. I use a photo as a wallpaper for my home screen. It's stored on the SD card. When I connect to the pc as "disk drive" my wallpaper then changes to the default that came with the new update instead of keeping the one I had on there. I never had this problem before the update. Anyone else experience this?
If you connect as Disk Drive, this has to happen, as the source file is longer available to the system (it's mounted to your computer). If you connect using the default method (HTC Sync/MTP), this won't be an issue.

Quick question, does the most recent root and/or s-off method(s) work with the latest update?
If not then it's either wait for updates or run an older RUU to go back?

Still researching methods, would like to root it but don't have to rush the issue. I read up back in the EVO 4G (WiMaxx) days, but have not been inclined to do it on the LTE until recently (about time, I've had the phone a year and a half now haha... and I am seriously looking at an AppRadio3)
Rumrunner is confirmed to work for S-OFF on the new update. Firewater might/should also work.

Chad Day

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site

You need to rename this file to PJ75IMG.zip, place it on an external sd card (not in a folder), and boot into HBOOT. It should detect the file, and ask if you want to update. It'll take a while, but once it's done you should be all updated.

Just to confirm, your bootloader is locked, correct?

This is almost exactly my problem, but I have an unlocked boot loader. Will this method work for me? I also cannot get past the HTC screen and TWRP says I have No OS installed.

Chad Day

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site

Sure, just lock your bootloader first (fastboot oem lock).

Just did and it worked!!! I cant thank you enough! I've dealing with this for 2 days now. Nice to not only have a phone but an updated one too. Oh and by the way my problem with the RUU was that I had an unlocked RUU. I locked it, then went into the bootloader, then plugged in the USB cable and ran the RUU from my computer.

Last edited:

RP-88

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site

Rumrunner is confirmed to work for S-OFF on the new update. Firewater might/should also work.
Was able to Root and install Busybox, but cannot seem to get S-OFF in anyway. Rumrunner, Moonshine and Firewater all fail to accomplish the task.

And this after problems with the phone itself, so it could be related but before I could not flash Root or BB. Wednesday night I had it sitting on the charger not doing anything beyond basic operation and sync'ing (email/Blinkfeed/etc) I picked it up to move it over and noticed that it was hot to the touch. Unplugged it from the charger and turned it off to cool. I have since verified the charger as good.
In the AM I turned it back on while it was in my coat pocket. Little ways down the road I realized that it was vibrating and semi-regular intervals (beyond simply receiving email or texts from overnight.) When I pulled it out I found that it was on the white HTC screen and stuck in a bootloop. To shorten this story, I'll just say that the 64GB SD card was corrupted, as was the internal storage. No OS existed, no success with recovery or factory reset. Had Sprint take a look and they marked it as operation/software defective and the tech determined that the phone is in fact overheating. Since the 1.5yr old phone is in perfect visual condition, he ordered me a replacement (sadly reconditioned) for free and not through insurance. And he gave me a free pass to mess with it while I wait, as long as I don't physically damage it.

Managed to get it back using your recovery file and renamed .img files. Everything works again (though it does run warmer than it used too) and I was even able to flash rot and Busy box. But nothing has worked in attaining S-OFF.

Now granted I will be going though all of this again when the replacements arrives, but this is good practice to get me used to the process.

RP-88

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site

Scratch that...

I was about to make a new latest version Ubuntu Live CD (USB actually) and decided to give it one more try. Disabled AVG and ran Rumrunner again, but this time it worked. Thanks!

Strictly for reference but since the release of 4.13.651.3 all work has been done on a Win8.1 64bit machine.

Jesse Guthrie

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site

Captain_Throwback

How do you root a phone when my HTC Evo 4G LTE has the .4 RUU stock version installed? To S-OFF Rumrunner says that my phone needs rooted before it can continue. Every method of rooting wants a Hboot 2.09 or earlier. Nothing supports Hboot 2.10 on the HTC Evo 4G LTE which the .4 update installs.

Captain_Throwback

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

Captain_Throwback

How do you root a phone when my HTC Evo 4G LTE has the .4 RUU stock version installed? To S-OFF Rumrunner says that my phone needs rooted before it can continue. Every method of rooting wants a Hboot 2.09 or earlier. Nothing supports Hboot 2.10 on the HTC Evo 4G LTE which the .4 update installs.
Unlock with HTCDev, install custom recovery, flash stock rooted 4.13.651.4. If you want S-OFF, run Rumrunner.

derrickluvv

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site

I have the stock 4.13.651.4 RUU installed on my phone s-on and relocked. I unlocked and installed custom recovery and rooted with superSU but the rumrunner cmd promt says that i either need an unsecure kernel or number 2 i forgot what it said im assuming it was an error pretaining to the 4.13.651.4 firmware. Is there any way to s-off this firmware yet?

Captain_Throwback

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

That would be one way to obtain a rooted rom. What the poster is asking is how to root HIS stock ROM. I am curious as well.
Same steps. Instead of the last step, just reboot from custom recovery. It'll tell you your ROM isn't rooted and offer to root it for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech