Missing Gallery Pics

TheJediGoddess

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
My gallery pics are not showing. I checked to see if the option to select them to readd but no such luck. I found them in the ES File Explorer but they won't show in the gallery. This happened last week and they reappeared. I have video and music on my SD card and they all work fine. Helpppp!

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

mmmtacos

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
This has happened to me a lot since the last update not sure if its from the update or my sd card is failing but my images appear once the android.media.process stops unexpectedly. (Makes an error). What I do is unmount my sd card, wait, remount sd card, then use a rescan media app. After a minute or two my images reappear. Usually accompanied by that media error. you may have a different experience.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

SewJude

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
My pics have also gone missing, kinda.
When tethered to the computer mounted as a disk drive- opening the file from the computer, in the DCIM>100MEDIA are all my 'missing' photos. - BUT on the Evo - in Gallery>All Photos are an additional 7 shots that are NOT in the DCIM file.

That to me says that 'something' got changed.

When the phone is NOT tethered all the shots are there, but the 7 dated after 10/19/12 are not in the DCIM file when tethered, even though the image details say that the file is in "/mnt/sdcard/DCIM/100MEDIA'

WTF?!?

Judith

Last edited:

TheJediGoddess

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
This has happened to me a lot since the last update not sure if its from the update or my sd card is failing but my images appear once the android.media.process stops unexpectedly. (Makes an error). What I do is unmount my sd card, wait, remount sd card, then use a rescan media app. After a minute or two my images reappear. Usually accompanied by that media error. you may have a different experience.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
I've not experienced a media error. I did notice that unmounting and scanning worked.I want to know what's causing it to get to the root of the problem. All of my other media works fine.
My pics have also gone missing, kinda.
When tethered to the computer mounted as a disk drive- opening the file from the computer, in the DCIM>100MEDIA are all my 'missing' photos. - BUT on the Evo - in Gallery>All Photos are an additional 7 shots that are NOT in the DCIM file.

That to me says that 'something' got changed.

When the phone is NOT tethered all the shots are there, but the 7 dated after 10/19/12 are not in the DCIM file when tethered, even though the image details say that the file is in "/mnt/sdcard/DCIM/100MEDIA'

WTF?!?

Judith

I downloaded Quickpic and it works a lot better. I had a little over 1000 images but I have a 32gb card with over half of the space available. I deleted some pics and the stock gallery seems to be doing better, no lost images in a week (but that was how long it took to crash again).