Did you get the Jelly Bean update yet?

sgt. slaughter

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Well,, it's all true. Buddy of mine at a corporate sprint store told me. I was dead on about the last update when he told me. There is not a single doubt in my mine that we will all have jellybean by the end of the month. Can't find the thread but last time he told me we were getting update any day now,, I announced what he said and we received the update within 2 days.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

So far the dates are not true....

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
"Not me. I can't imagine being stuck with a device that has only measly 16GB (actually less available) of storage with no SD card."

Neither can I. That's why I have the Evo, the One-X done right in my opinion. I would never get any phone without expandable storage. And yes it is true that HTC has been going this route with WAY too many of their handsets as of late. :(

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Evo line will always have sd card support. 4g, 3d, shift, design, lte

"will always have" are very strong words.... and probably not correct (but none of us can predict the future with that kind of accuracy). Saying "has always had" is true, however.

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Well if the Rom is baked anything like my one x plus. You guys are going to flip your grits;). Now battery life will differ as different chip sets and different battery sizes. But it is smooth it is buttery Google now is ok. I'm getting great battery life. Way way better than my old inspire. Which would be an at&t version of the og evo. I hope you giyes vet your updates and love it. Sense 4+ is good not as taxing but here's a good little feature. Swipe style keyboard baked in #)

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
"will always have" are very strong words.... and probably not correct (but none of us can predict the future with that kind of accuracy). Saying "has always had" is true, however.

I think sprint asks for it, since they don't want people streaming content 24/7. top devices that don't have sd support have 32gb flash memory, like optimus g, galaxy nexus. Even mid end devices like the victory 4g lte & lg viper have sd support.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I hope Sprint keeps asking for it! I'm not involved in hardware architecture, but I would think that it's cheaper to put in the microSD slot than installing a bunch of memory. Plus we'll be picking up 96GB cards within a year or so anyway, so that's a boatload. And the 64GB cards today give you just as much storage as they can install in a device right now anyway.

eXplicit815

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I think sprint asks for it, since they don't want people streaming content 24/7. top devices that don't have sd support have 32gb flash memory, like optimus g, galaxy nexus. Even mid end devices like the victory 4g lte & lg viper have sd support.

I contemplated this as well. I think another big factor is that their network can't handle as much streaming as the others. Until Network Vision and LTE is closer to completion, we'll probably continue to see SD card slots in the EVOs.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Is there a mod in this forum?

No offense to anyone here but this thread turned into a disaster with everyone reporting that they have no update. But if we really want to talk consolidation....the contacts problem is half of the update threads and has it's own 6 threads or so. Plus if you go back a ways there are a couple identical "Jelly of JB" threads. So it's not like a little repetition is anything new

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Which begs the question...mods?

I'm just saying pick your battles and don't expect anything to change. I've chimed in right away on new duplicate threads and tried to get them killed to no avail.

We all know that as soon as an update does go live, every single jb thread from the last month will be resurrected along with a half dozen "There's an update" new threads and it will be pandemonium.

My suggestion is just kick back, take it all in and get a good laugh out of it.

bmatlosz

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Philadelphia suburbs.........nothing. Really disappointed with Sprint and HTC after getting this phone. No 4G from Sprint in a major metropolitan area and no significant updates to the flagship phone from HTC. Sorry Sprint, but when my contracts up I'm moving to AT&T and sorry HTC I'm getting a Samsung Note or similar mini tab next round. Tired of wasting my time with these half-baked companies and their crappy service and products.....

taniabonita52

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Philadelphia suburbs.........nothing. Really disappointed with Sprint and HTC after getting this phone. No 4G from Sprint in a major metropolitan area and no significant updates to the flagship phone from HTC. Sorry Sprint, but when my contracts up I'm moving to AT&T and sorry HTC I'm getting a Samsung Note or similar mini tab next round. Tired of wasting my time with these half-baked companies and their crappy service and products.....

The idea of a Galaxy Note 2 seems tempting at this point, I'll agree...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34