Did you get the Jelly Bean update yet?

Kizzmocat

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
Nothing here in southern cal., I've contacted these forums and I'm confused as Hell as to what's going on! :banghead:

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

TeePoppa

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: Sv: Did you get the Jelly Bean update yet?

This is the response I got from Carlos at HTC,

Thanks for contacting HTC!

I understand your concern and the community?s and we surely haven't forget you. We are excited about the latest update for Android, Jelly Bean, and are currently reviewing its features and functionality to determine upgrade plans for our product portfolio. While our goal is to bring the latest software updates to as many of our recent devices as possible, we are committed to maintaining every phone's performance and usability first. Please stay tuned for updates on specific device upgrade plans.

As for any time release, HTC no longer announces dates for release of software due to the nature of the software development process. At any point in the software development cycle a situation may be encountered that requires anything from some minor additional rework, to complete rewrites of the software base. Only after the final acceptance testing has been successfully completed will HTC release software.

I know it is frustrating but please be patient, we haven't forgotten you.

Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us through HTC Smartphones and Tablets - Support for HTC Cell Phones and Tablets or call us at +1-866-449-8358 from 6AM to 1AM EST, 7 days a week.

Have a great day!

icenija

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site

This is the response I got from Carlos at HTC,

Thanks for contacting HTC!

I understand your concern and the community?s and we surely haven't forget you. We are excited about the latest update for Android, Jelly Bean, and are currently reviewing its features and functionality to determine upgrade plans for our product portfolio. While our goal is to bring the latest software updates to as many of our recent devices as possible, we are committed to maintaining every phone's performance and usability first. Please stay tuned for updates on specific device upgrade plans.

As for any time release, HTC no longer announces dates for release of software due to the nature of the software development process. At any point in the software development cycle a situation may be encountered that requires anything from some minor additional rework, to complete rewrites of the software base. Only after the final acceptance testing has been successfully completed will HTC release software.

I know it is frustrating but please be patient, we haven't forgotten you.

Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us through HTC Smartphones and Tablets - Support for HTC Cell Phones and Tablets or call us at +1-866-449-8358 from 6AM to 1AM EST, 7 days a week.

Have a great day!

Standard copy and paste response, someone else posted this same response verbatim in another thread.

Ice

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site

According to the fine print here is is going to be PlayStation certified and soon will be updated.

PlayStation?Mobile

And yes I posted the same thing in the other thread but I didn't want anyone to miss it because I think it's the closest to solid evidence we have seen yet.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 81

eXplicit815

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Got jellybean?

pw_gotmilk01.jpg

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

According to the fine print here is is going to be PlayStation certified and soon will be updated.

PlayStation?Mobile

And yes I posted the same thing in the other thread but I didn't want anyone to miss it because I think it's the closest to solid evidence we have seen yet.

I don't know why anybody cares about this at all. Why would Sony posting something about playstation and mentioning our phone in a list of other htc's seem at all like confirmation of an update? If anything somebody from sony looked at the specs of the phone and said yup, good enough and listed it on the website.

Unless we are just completely desperate and are acknowledging that we're grasping at ridiculous straws here. Then by all means freak out

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't know why anybody cares about this at all. Why would Sony posting something about playstation and mentioning our phone in a list of other htc's seem at all like confirmation of an update? If anything somebody from sony looked at the specs of the phone and said yup, good enough and listed it on the website.

Unless we are just completely desperate and are acknowledging that we're grasping at ridiculous straws here. Then by all means freak out

Sony & htc have a partnership to make playstation mobile work on htc devices. Makes sense they would update their page as jb is being released on the evo.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

MrSteez

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
It's true guys. The page everyone is talking about that we at Sprint just saw yesterday is real. Also, check Sprint's website. The EVO 4G LTE Specs now says "with Android 4.1 (Jellybean)."

Anytime now you should be able to manually pull the update! I check like every 15 minutes ha.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Sony & htc have a partnership to make playstation mobile work on htc devices. Makes sense they would update their page as jb is being released on the evo.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

I get the partnership thing but with as disorganized as everything seems to be with HTC this still seems like the furthest thing from anything to get excited about. When I read this all I see is Sony saying the evo hardware can support PS Mobile and the Jelly Bean software can support PS Mobile, nothing more