Did you get the Jelly Bean update yet?

tivoboy

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Just got the download notification this morning. I think I'm going to hold off a bit, seems there are some issues. Battery Life, power management, FoxFi not working? I also need to figure out a good backup and restore solution prior to updating, don't really have the time to go through manual re-entry if it fails. (recently had the dreaded total system failure with the previous OS.)

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Just got the download notification this morning. I think I'm going to hold off a bit, seems there are some issues. Battery Life, power management, FoxFi not working? I also need to figure out a good backup and restore solution prior to updating, don't really have the time to go through manual re-entry if it fails. (recently had the dreaded total system failure with the previous OS.)

FoxFi is not going to work after the update, period (at least not until they can somehow fix that, which might be never). Battery life depends on your settings, it is no reason to not update. There is no need for backup/restore, generally, if you have set your Android Google account to remember and backup your apps and their data. The major thing to consider is if you want to root. Once you accept the update, you will have no way to root the phone until another method is discovered. That could take days, weeks, months, or never happen at all. So if you think you will want root, you need to do it BEFORE updating, then use something like rootkeeper. (NOTE: I am not a rooting expert and don't have mine rooted.)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci