Any body know the difference between the old version and new version of Foxfi

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Re: Any body know the difference between the old version and new version of Foxfire

1) I think you mean "Firefox", perhaps?
2) WHICH versions? Mainline? Beta? Nightly? 17?
3) The body of your post contains nothing

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Any body know the difference between the old version and new version of Foxfire

I know what he means and don't download it. The new version has usage limits unless you pay. I got rid of the old version and downloaded it only to find this out.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

ZachA

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site

I know what he means and don't download it. The new version has usage limits unless you pay. I got rid of the old version and downloaded it only to find this out.

I did the same thing updated it and was only able to use it for 30 min till you had to pay. Shame it was a good free tethering app.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

1) I think you mean "Firefox", perhaps?
2) WHICH versions? Mainline? Beta? Nightly? 17?
3) The body of your post contains nothing

He means foxfi.

Basically, as others are saying, the only thing that is different is that you have to pay for the full version to tether for more than half an hour at a time.

Also, you can get the old version off the amazon appstore.

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site

He means foxfi.

Basically, as others are saying, the only thing that is different is that you have to pay for the full version to tether for more than half an hour at a time.

Also, you can get the old version off the amazon appstore.

Glad you threw that out there. Just got the old version back from amazon app store.

wess580

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for the reply and sorry for putting Firefox but I did download it but good thing I backed it up with app/restore thanks for the warnning

wess580

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

If anyone who updated want the old APK jus let me know

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site

Old version has been nixed. Won't let you turn it on unless you update to the latest version. Still can't beat it for $6. Especially when sprint charges 29 a month!

sasha

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site

I got the old version from the amazon store and after about 2 days of non continual use it still expired and pointing me to the paid version. And yes 6.00 dollars beats 30.00 any day !

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site

Especially since its only a one time charge

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site

Regardless of the app price and function, I think it is pretty slimy for a previous version of an app to "phone home" and determine it is not the latest version and then break itself until you install a newer AND crippled version...

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

Regardless of the app price and function, I think it is pretty slimy for a previous version of an app to "phone home" and determine it is not the latest version and then break itself until you install a newer AND crippled version...

Not a big fan

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

It's slimy to want to be paid for your work? This guy is a superb programmer and I'm happy to support his app with my 7 dollars. Do you expect to get paid where you work? C'mon, I tipped my waitress more than that Saturday night.

Sent from my Asus Nexus 7 tablet.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site

It's slimy to want to be paid for your work? This guy is a superb programmer and I'm happy to support his app with my 7 dollars. Do you expect to get paid where you work? C'mon, I tipped my waitress more than that Saturday night.

He is taking away something that was already given. Do you routinely go and take back your Christmas presents you gave to people last year and say "that will be $7 please, or you can only use the present for 30 min?" Of course not.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with him changing his mind and making a new version that has limitations. But having quasi-spyware (phone home) in an older version that FORCES someone to upgrade which results in total loss of functionality until the upgrade and a major loss in functionality after the "upgrade" is....

SLIMY

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

He is taking away something that was already given. Do you routinely go and take back your Christmas presents you gave to people last year and say "that will be $7 please, or you can only use the present for 30 min?" Of course not.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with him changing his mind and making a new version that has limitations. But having quasi-spyware (phone home) in an older version that FORCES someone to upgrade which results in total loss of functionality until the upgrade and a major loss in functionality after the "upgrade" is....

SLIMY

Pdanet had a limited version for free. Couldn't use https. That's fair

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site

Pdanet had a limited version for free. Couldn't use https. That's fair

Again, it has nothing to do with them deciding to come out with a new version that is limited. That is their choice, and perfectly fine.

It has to do with BREAKING THE OLD VERSION that people already have installed. And to do it by force, the way they have done, means there is quasi-spyware "phone home" stuff in the program.

Robynsnest

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Wow this stinks not being able to use foxfi. I hope that's something they will fix. I mean the Foxfi folks, I don't see Sprint doing anything about that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38