Not sure where to post this question...

charlibob

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I have an htc 4g lte that works perfectly. The problem is that my service provider has been having problems with the local tower for many days, data is particularly affected. Each day that goes by my provider insists they are working on the problem and that it will be operational by the end of the day, but it never happens.

How long should I be expected to just hang in there? What remedies do I have if I want to drop them and go with someone else? Unfortunately I am still under contract to them for another 18 months. Any ideas? Where should I ask for help with this, since the service provider isn't coming through for me?

Thanks

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I have an htc 4g lte that works perfectly. The problem is that my service provider has been having problems with the local tower for many days, data is particularly affected. Each day that goes by my provider insists they are working on the problem and that it will be operational by the end of the day, but it never happens.

How long should I be expected to just hang in there? What remedies do I have if I want to drop them and go with someone else? Unfortunately I am still under contract to them for another 18 months. Any ideas? Where should I ask for help with this, since the service provider isn't coming through for me?

Thanks

I assume your service provider is Sprint, no? If so, then call and ask to speak to the retention department. Plead your case to them and they will let you out of your contract (doubtful), inform you of your buyout cost (absolutely), offer credits to your bill (probable) and possibly an Airave to help with your signal problems at home (probable, but you may need to ask specifically about it). I know the LTE build-out is in full swing in the Bay area, so I don't think they're lying about the tower issues, but if it's due to the upgrades then it is not right for them to tell you that it will be fixed by the end of the day.

charlibob

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Yes, it is Sprint. Up until a week ago, the service was always good. I like my plan with unlimited data, but...
The tower is only 3/10 of a mile from my location. Really hard to believe there is some insurmountable problem with it. You'r scaring me.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Not trying to scare you at all, just pointing out that your area is in the middle of massive LTE overhaul of the towers, so that seems to be the most likely culprit. Do you have better service/signal when you travel? If you do then (and I imagine you do) then I would chalk it up to tower upgrades going on around you.

charlibob

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Well, I only have to go a few miles south of my location to get full use of my phone. Although LTE upgrade might explain the long delay in getting the tower up, it is hard to believe that Sprint would invest in LTE here. It is a semi-rural area of three small communities, bounded by the ocean on one side and mountains to the east. Total population ~35000. However, it is hopeful that there is an upgrade in progress,

Thanks for your input.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Find another resident who had a Sprint phone and see if they are having service issues. This will help at least add another phone to the mix.. If thiers works great and yours isnt, that makes me think you have a phone problem.

charlibob

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Well, today the tower started working, exactly one week after it went out. It is easy to see why Consumer Reports survey about customer satisfaction rated Sprint second worst, behind ATT. I could never get them to explain what the problem was, and when I insisted they tell me what was going on a few days ago, they said there isn't a problem at all, and it must be my phone. WRONG!

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Im a Sprint fan. Been with them for 10+ years. Ive also had Tmo and ATT devices for work and i can honestly say that when i need to make an important phone call and not worry about dropping or poor quality i can always trust my Sprint device.
With that said its interesting that they are going thru such a big network improvement and yet ATT still is at the bottom. LOL Sucks they took a week to fix that tower, the one by my residence was down for 2-4 days while they did the network vision upgrade to it. Once it was back online i noticed immediately better data speeds. Still dont get LTE at my place but at work i do..
Another thing to keep in mind is that people in call centers have no clue what is actually being done at a site. Across the country the sites are being worked on. Different regions have different vendors who are providing the site equipment. Some sites take a day or two to upgrade and others are taking longer. I highly doubt that the contractors are giving rapid updates on a per site basis and all the call centers have been told is that hey if a site goes down give it till the end of the day.. when in reality it could be the end of a few days..

Aspasia13

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I suggest commenting to @sprintcare on Twitter. When it comes to service outages and poor service they seem pretty responsive.

Edit: autocorrect messed up sprintcare

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae