Apple vs android pros&cons?

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Nothing that hasn't been hashed out on here multiple times.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

LegacyEvoAce

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Android PRO- Other android users will like you
Android CON- Apple users will dislike you

Apple PRO-Other apple users will like you
Apple CON-Android users will dislike you

You choose!

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
what a dumb question.
One is a fruit, the other is an awesome machine..
oh wait, is he talking about phones and operating systems? :)

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
They are so far from different its hilarious.
ANDROID PROS- Screen size (opinion), better resolution screens, more customizable OS, better benchmarks (not necessarily processors), and large list to chose from (Pretty sure every android fanboy has a perfect android phone to match on what they truly want.)

APPLE/IPHONE PROS- Design (opinion, im a huge android fanboy but the IP5 design and durability is simply astonishing), Much larger option of apps and that are backed by a larger amount of developers, Fluidity and speed. (In my mind I'm comparing the IP5 to the S3, which many deem the best android phone out. Idk what you people say about processor cores and clockspeed on the chips. The IP5 just simply feels faster in day to day tasks.) Ease of use, give a elderly person a IP5 and an S3 I guarantee the IPhone would win by a landslide. Battery life, there is a reason why almost every other thread on here is about trying to improve battery life, androids simply have way to many things going on under the hood to have incredible battery life like the IPhone 5. (Granted I'm excluding the Razr Maxx and Maxx HD)

You people will probably go insane in the fact that I pointed out so many advantages on the IP5, yet I honestly tried to make this as unbiased and straight forward as possible. I have used both phones on day to day basis, and overall the IP5 is just more smooth.

You may ask me why I posses a Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket rather than a brand new IP5. And to answer that question as simply as possible, I believe that android has SOOOOOO much more potential. Look at the way the OS has changed from 1.5 cupcake to 4.2.1 Jelly Bean. Then look at the original IOS to IOS 6, the improvement category is severely granted to Android. I believe that 4.0 was great but 4.1 was truly the thing that pushed Android OS over Apple IOS. Project Butter helped solve one of the main issues that pretty much every android phone had which was fluidity. Unless the major android brands get smart (Samsung, LG, HTC, and Sony) like Motorola and finally but battery's in their standard phones that exceed 2800 man, we are toast. Battery life is the one thing that people will always want improvement upon and the next version of android 4.3 or whatever MUST tackle battery life as the key issue!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I disagree with battery life being a pro for Apple.

My mother in law is CONSTANTLY having to charge her iPhone 5 while i still have juice in my s III.

She tries to preach about how iPhone is best because it can do this, but everything the iPhone can do the galaxy s III can do, but the opposite isn't true...

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

Vysse

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
You know I'm sick of people talking about iPhone being smoother and faster when it's because it doesn't truly multitask and just stops whatever isn't on top in favor of looking faster....

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
You know I'm sick of people talking about iPhone being smoother and faster when it's because it doesn't truly multitask and just stops whatever isn't on top in favor of looking faster....

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Lol doesn't matter, dude if its smoother its smoother there is no ifs ands or buts. I'm talking about OS'S and the IP5 is smoother and faster. Apple came first, but there is definitely a reason why you see more IPhone's in public than S3's.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Lol doesn't matter, dude if its smoother its smoother there is no ifs ands or buts. I'm talking about OS'S and the IP5 is smoother and faster. Apple came first, but there is definitely a reason why you see more IPhone's in public than S3's.

IPhone isn't faster though.

I played with the iPhone 5 many times at work trying to see what the appeal is about a limited phone that doesn't do much of anything without jail breaking it and still missing cutting edge phone technology. Still don't see it, but that advertising is brilliant

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

mike31082

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
I've owned both and they each have their advantages and disadvantages IMO. iOS is more streamline for people who are less tech savy. A lot of things are automated and streamlined in iOS (backup and email syncing, multi-tasking). iOS more optimized for practical use (such as not supporting widgets) to get better battery life.

Android is more technical, more customizable and can do considerably more than iOS. Parts of it aren't as optimized or streamlined as iOS, battery life generally isn't as good. It doesn't intergrate well with iOS formated media.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton