How can I keep the phone from realigning the image or video, Re. horizontal/vertical axis?

Panchoevo

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
How can I keep the phone from realigning the image or video, Re. horizontal/vertical axis?

For instance, viewing a phone camera video with the phone is in the typical vertical position,
but the phone is showing the video sideways such that the horizon in the image is aligned vertically with the phone.
The image is filling the vertical screen, except that the image is sideways.

In such a case, I would like to turn the phone horizontal so that I can see the full screen image in the proper alignment.

The problem is that when I rotate the phone to the horizontal, the image is realigned,
such that it has a huge black border on the left and right
and the actual image is this puny little think in the middle of the horizontal screen.

Is there any remedy for this--some way to keep the phone from realigning the image?

A friend with an iphone told me he can lock his image or video into a position to remedy this problem.
Does the HTC EVO LTE have this remedy.

Thanks
PS. I hope that I have described this issue adequately. It's difficult to describe.

Last edited:

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Settings > Display, gestures and buttons > Auto-rotate screen

But my guess is that you're experiencing that issue because that is the orientation you have the phone in when you are shooting the video (or while taking a photo for that matter).

Panchoevo

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Settings > Display, gestures and buttons > Auto-rotate screen

But my guess is that you're experiencing that issue because that is the orientation you have the phone in when you are shooting the video (or while taking a photo for that matter).

You're correct Re. "...that is the orientation you have the phone in when you are shooting the video (or while taking a photo for that matter).".

I used your settings path, and disabled auto-rotate, and now the video is in a proper orientation.

I think the iphone has a function that lets you set the orientation for a particular image or video, without having to disable auto-rotate for the entire system. So, this must not be an option with EVO LTE. A shortcoming. Oh well.

Thanks for the help. It is a good work around that lets me see the video in a proper orientation. A follow up question: Does this system allow one to create a macro, or devise a widget, or something, that would be a one-click toggle for the auto-rotate function ?

wess580

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
There is a app that allow you 2 basically turn any function into a one button click
Go to play store and download quickshortcutmaker .. I recently jus made one for app sharing missed that app on my o.g evo so I made one

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Panchoevo

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
There is a app that allow you 2 basically turn any function into a one button click
Go to play store and download quickshortcutmaker .. I recently jus made one for app sharing missed that app on my o.g evo so I made one

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Good tip.
Thanks

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
A follow up question: Does this system allow one to create a macro, or devise a widget, or something, that would be a one-click toggle for the auto-rotate function ?

Sorry bud, I didn't see that you had responded.

Yes there is an HTC widget for that exact thing. I should have mentioned it before: find an open spot on a home screen, long press and select "Widgets" at the bottom of the screen, scroll to the right until you see Auto-rotate. It'll be near the end, as those control widgets are on the last few pages.

Attachments

• 2012-12-04_19-03-24.png
    2012-12-04_19-03-24.png
    374.1 KB · Views: 6