Auto music starts when I plug in headphones

kitster

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
So, I sprung for a 32gb memory card recently. I wanted to fill it up with music and not rely on Spotify all the time. I put about 8gb of mp3s on there. I listened to some of them one night via Google Music. But since then, every time I plug headphones in, Google Music starts up and automatically plays the first song on the card (How Long? by Ace - its a 70s song). I usually listen to podcasts or TuneIn radio - so, this is a royal pain.

I have looked all through the settings for the music app and the phone as well. Does anyone have an idea how to stop this?

Thanks!

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
So, I sprung for a 32gb memory card recently. I wanted to fill it up with music and not rely on Spotify all the time. I put about 8gb of mp3s on there. I listened to some of them one night via Google Music. But since then, every time I plug headphones in, Google Music starts up and automatically plays the first song on the card (How Long? by Ace - its a 70s song). I usually listen to podcasts or TuneIn radio - so, this is a royal pain.

I have looked all through the settings for the music app and the phone as well. Does anyone have an idea how to stop this?

Thanks!

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

If you have Tasker, disable it. Also try clearing google music default settings

kitster

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I do not have Tasker, and there are only a couple of editable settings in Google Music.
You can not delete the app, or disable it. Anyone else have any ideas?

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I do not have Tasker, and there are only a couple of editable settings in Google Music.
You can not delete the app, or disable it. Anyone else have any ideas?

You should be able to disable that app. I did it within the first week of having the phone as I didn't like the way it sorted my music.

kitster

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Don't have Doggcatcher. I just download mp3s and listen to podcasts that way.

And as for disabling the app - I guess I do not know how to do it. Can someone walk me through it. I thought
I have clicked everywhere and haven't seen one option to do so.

So, I have removed ALL the mp3s from the SD card - and now the damn thing is playing system sounds
one after another when I plug in my headset. Pain in the ass!

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
From the home screen, go to your app drawer: press menu, manage apps, all, scroll down to google play music, press: google play music, disable. =)

kitster

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I do not have that option. I have "Force Stop", "Uninstall updates" and "Clear data".
That's it. And I have uninstalled updates before - they just re-install behind the scenes.

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Erm....turn off your Wifi and Mobile connection, go back into Google Play Music from the manage apps screen, clear the data, force stop the app, uninstall the updates. It'll kick you back out to the manage apps screen then go back into Google Play Music and you should get the option to disable. I just re-enabled and re-disabled the app on my phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon