Bugs in Jelly Bean

guitarfish

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
So is the consensus that I'm reading here to not update right now? Seems like an awful lot of bugs/issues. ICS is and has always been solid for me, I can't afford to have a buggy JB.

Having read through these threads from the release, I think the consensus is it's a great update, but there are some annoyances, and for a few people, some more serious issues. It's been a great update for me so far, I would recommend it.

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
So is the consensus that I'm reading here to not update right now? Seems like an awful lot of bugs/issues. ICS is and has always been solid for me, I can't afford to have a buggy JB.

Are you kidding?!?! Totally do the update. The old one was buggy too. I haven't had a single issue since I've updated all my apps.

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I checked what was using my battery after just being off the charger for a short time and sitting idle for an hour. The top most used was 15% going to "FM Radio Widget". I find this fascinating, since I don't have that widget on my screens, anywhere, nor have I ever even used the FM Radio Widget- EVER, nor have I ever loaded the FM Radio app at all since the last reboot. Hmm...

I am noticing a battery dran as well mine is my wyfi for some reason I will take a screen shot latter

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
First the new keyboard is horrible, the original keyboard was way better and easier to use.

Secondly, Google Now is awesome but it does not appear as a stock Jelly Bean update. This version is very blah and not useful. I want Google Now to be integrated with Sense 4+.

Thirdly, the power saver off/on in the notification bar is annoying and I want that removed.

Next, the screen isn't as responsive as before the update and proximity sensors are too sensitive.

Finally, I dislike the new gallery application, the original worked and felt way better. I also dislike the music application and prefer the HTC EVO 3D music player over the EVO 4G LTE.

crowrb29

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
For those of you having issues with certain apps, try uninstalling then re installing them. Typically fixes everything. For the most part.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that when I turn my phone to vibrate mode at work, when I get a text message, it does not vibrate to notify me. I have to go to message options and hit vibrate notification on. However, when I switch back to normal ringer mode, when I get a text, it notifies me with audible alert as well as vibrate! Very anoying... Haven't figured out if its a bug or a setting that I havent found yet.

top magoo

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
personally, there are a few growing pains that i'm having to go through. i think, as smooth as it's running, it's definitely worth the learning curve it takes to get the phone back to everyone's comfort level.

the google now is "self-customizing", so, it "learns" how you use it and what you want.
for "voice texting", open google now and say "text <name> <<message>>" and hit <send>. no problems.
the proximity sensor problem hasn't appeared on my phone yet
amazonmp3 is giving me a few issues so far. it looks like it's not getting enough "read-ahead" to be continue playing the files smoothly. i will give it a few days to observe it.

crowrb29

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else notice how if you have weather selected on the productivity lock screen then none of your other pops up?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

debsawyer

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
After receiving JB yesterday I did a hard reset. I am still having the WiFi issue. I have to reboot my phone to get it back working. Also the battery life sucks.

mysticaly4u

Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
I never had this issue before. Now with the update i have this problem.

Proximity Sensor problem again during phone call with jelly bean update. Ugh! Is anyone else experiencing the well documented proximity sensor issue since update? Everything was fine with last update. This issue is quite annoying.
Thanks

elfuego

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
My proximity sensor works fine. My wifi works at home. My work wifi DLINK does not want to work.Dlink seems to be the common theme. If I play with the settings it will occasionaly see it but can't once I type the known to be good password. I've tried all suggestions so far. Anybody got a new one? Bob

Exactly what's happening to me. I'm getting a netgear router this weekend to prove the point. (need a new router anyway) why d-link though is an interesting mystery. Fortunately no other issues seen for me. Proximity sensor seems normal and use swift key 3 , so can't comment on keyboard issues. Battery life seems worse.

nightdesigns

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Proximity Senor Problem During Calls
Voicemail Screen Turns Black on Playback
Google Voice Voicemail Screen Turns Black on Playback
Occasional Screwed up Keyboard screen
Calendar Widget, All-day Exchange events show 12:00AM - next Day 12:00AM. Google calendar events OK.
While on a call and another comes in, decline does not decline the call, just hides it and continues to beep until voicemail kicks in.

Not a bug but annoying:
Any screen that you scroll on (like internet, or news), if you scroll and let go it will keep moving a bit. Difficult to center text
Power Saver Icon in Task Bar (what does it do anyway!?)
Why must they change things just to change things? Every EVO update I've had (Original and LTE), I'll find colors changed for text messaging, other notices, etc. Just leave it already!
Loss of 1x3 People Widget
Few other icons have disappeared from various screens, still figuring out what used to be there.
Volume for wired headsets still very loud (even on low)

Improvements:
So far battery life seems better...
Phone book selection on the fly!
Correct ring tones (which threw me off when someone called!)

Zookeeper63

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
The bugs, while few are far less problem to deal with than the issues pre-Jelly Bean. I am VERY happy to have updated and would not hesitate to do so if I were you.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
First the new keyboard is horrible, the original keyboard was way better and easier to use.

Secondly, Google Now is awesome but it does not appear as a stock Jelly Bean update. This version is very blah and not useful. I want Google Now to be integrated with Sense 4+.

I don't. I have zero interest in Google Now and don't want it "contaminating" all other parts of my experience...

Thirdly, the power saver off/on in the notification bar is annoying and I want that removed.

Not a bug, but agreed.

Next, the screen isn't as responsive as before the update and proximity sensors are too sensitive.

I haven't noticed that, but I rarely use the phone as a "phone".

Finally, I dislike the new gallery application, the original worked and felt way better.

"Gallery" has *always* sucked and now it is even worse than sucky. Just install QuickPic and move on.

DANO7024

May 24, 2010
Visit site
New bug on my phone after JB update. When I turn phone off longer than a minute, everything from my apps,folders,and stuff on my dock don't work for at least 25 seconds. I can scroll thru my screens but that's it. I've read about doing hard reset to fix issues but no luck. Any help is much appreciated. I'm also missing voice to text on keyboard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech