Bugs in Jelly Bean

Cherenkov

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
"stay awake" under power settings doesn't appear to work anymore. I've got my phone plugged in, fully charged, but even with that option selected the phone still goes to sleep.

Shineon

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So far its been so buttery smooth and awesome since updating. Only issue, and a big one to me, is I can no longer connect or even find my home wi-fi. The same wi-fi I used pre-update to download the update! Resetting phone in different ways, resetting router, mucking with router settings, and more to no avail, it cannot find my router despite everything else wireless in the house can. Even tried manually putting the router info in the phone but never says in range. Its able to find all the other many routers in this neighborhood, but not the one I used to download the update. Very saddening. Hope it decides to remember.

I have the exact same issue....won't see my home network SSID at all.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
My wifi,, which I never had a problem with,, appears not to be working. Says I'm connected but I am not. It is not my network because 5 other devices are working just fine in my house.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

krishna1731

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
My weather app gives me a wrong location. I live in Reno, NV but for some strange reason it gives the weather for Bolivar. I checked the option for My Current Location.

Other than that, Its smooth and fast.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
So far its been so buttery smooth and awesome since updating. Only issue, and a big one to me, is I can no longer connect or even find my home wi-fi. The same wi-fi I used pre-update to download the update! Resetting phone in different ways, resetting router, mucking with router settings, and more to no avail, it cannot find my router despite everything else wireless in the house can. Even tried manually putting the router info in the phone but never says in range. Its able to find all the other many routers in this neighborhood, but not the one I used to download the update. Very saddening. Hope it decides to remember.

I have 2 wifi routers at my place..
The one i connect to all the time D-Link router, is not visible anymore on my EVO LTE after the update. my GS3 still sees it and connected to it no problem.
In fact my GS3 is the active unit. my EVO LTE used the now missing WiFI router to download the update.
ITS set for WPA2 on channel 6.
The router that IS visible is a NetGrear on channel 1 with the same WPA2 encryption.
I also verified using WiFI Analyzer app that its not visible on the EVO LTE.
Went into WiFi settings and changed band from Auto, to 5, then 2.5 and back to auto. Nothing. Its channel 6 on 2.5 if it matters. So far thats all i have noticed. But im less then an hour into the update.
So to re-cap, the WiFI router i used to download the update no longer exists after the update. However my GS3 is still connected to it.
I also power cycled the router just in case.. Still no go..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood