Bugs in Jelly Bean

koam

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Is the vm app going blank when listening to a message when you put the phone on your ear, or in speakerphone mode also?
If listening in your ear, the prox sensor turns the screen off so you don't touch vm functions. (unlike the old version were I kept touching buttons while listening to my vms)
the default is non-speaker, so you have to very quickly put it on speaker, or go back and put it on speaker.... it goes black too fast when on non- speaker...and it does so even if the phone is lying flat on its back .

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
For those experiencing battery drop quicker than before and are in areas with no LTE yet (like here in Phoenix), the upgrade to Jelly Bean reset the "Network Mode" to LTE/CDMA which would leave the phone continuously scanning for LTE.

To set it back: Settings>Mobile data>Network mode>CDMA only.

Hmmm, could be. I'll give it a shot, but with ICS it never caused this...

LaQuintah

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Why is it that when tapping the home button to go to home screen, it seems as if it takes much longer. Does it have anything to do with the Google Voice option when holding the home button? This is really starting to annoy me!! Can anyone explain????

Bkmike23

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
My calendar, tasks, and music widgets are taking longer to load up than with ICS. Also my google tasks wont sync up with the HTC calendar

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Day 2 after the update and we are already up to 305 posts of bug issues. HTC had all that time to get this thing ready. Even would seem that they gave themselves an extra month what with the first leak on the release dates. Yet here we are.

wjbodin3

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I had to redo the entire layout of my phone cause they decided that only the larger contact widgets are needed. I had 1 screen with two of the vertical small , narrow ones, one with personal and other with work contacts commonly called.

321contak

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I contacted HTC today about the proximity sensor issue and got this reply on factory resetting the phone and wiping the partition. It didn't work for me but I thought I'd post it in case it helps others.

Thank you for contacting HTC Technical Support, Thank you for contacting us. We're committed to delivering a great customer experience. As such, we investigate all reported issues. If a hardware or software change is found to improve a customer experience, it will be deployed according to our standard, required processes. We apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced and appreciate your patience as we work quickly to investigate this issue.

Please, follow the steps below to clear all the cache on the phone; this will restore the phone software, except for the ROM Jelly bean update.

1. Turn the phone off
2. Press and hold the Volume Down key and then briefly press the Power key.
3. When you see the screen with the three Android images, release the Volume Down key.
4. Press the Volume Down key to select Factory Reset.
5. Press the Power key.
6. Navigate to ?Recovery? using volume buttons, then press power to select.
7. The screen will change to display a phone on its back, with the update symbol above it. Momentarily it will change to an image of a phone with a red triangle and exclamation mark.
8. Press and hold volume up then press the power button. You will see something very similar to the example shown below.

e:can?t open /cache/recovery/command
e:/ failed to mount /sdcard (no such file or directory exists)

9. A new screen will give you options like Reboot system now, Wipe Cache partition, and Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
10. Navigate to ?Wipe Cache? the volume down button and select with Power.
11. Navigate to ?Reboot Phone? with the volume buttons and select with power.

So I followed these instructions to try to get to the wipe cache and when I hit factory reset, it reset and wiped my phone.
Proximity sensor problem not resolved but working a little better.
The proximity sensor settings coding must be wrong because when I am in very bright room there is no problem. Even at dusk time brightness the proximity sensor fails.
This is how is working for me at this time.
Voicemail screen blackout still happening.
Google maps not smooth and nav is still freezing and crashing.
HTC get on it!

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Day 2 after the update and we are already up to 305 posts of bug issues. HTC had all that time to get this thing ready. Even would seem that they gave themselves an extra month what with the first leak on the release dates. Yet here we are.

Well, just imagine how it would have been, had it been released back then....

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
So I followed these instructions to try to get to the wipe cache and when I hit factory reset, it reset and wiped my phone.
Proximity sensor problem not resolved but working a little better.
The proximity sensor settings coding must be wrong because when I am in very bright room there is no problem. Even at dusk time brightness the proximity sensor fails.
This is how is working for me at this time.
Voicemail screen blackout still happening.
Google maps not smooth and nav is still freezing and crashing.
HTC get on it!

I think the steps the rep provided were about as thorough as you can get with wiping things down to the core. I had called some repair centers to see if they could restore the phone to before the update then reapply JB but none said that was possible. I hope they get things fixed too. They've got the big step out the way now we just need a little maintenance. I'm actually inclined to believe that the proximity thing is also related to the light sensor. Using the *#*#diag#*#* tests both the light sensor and the proximity sensor fail now unless they are in really bright light situations. I wonder if those two work in tandem.

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else noticing a lot less ram available now? It's almost back to the way it was before the last update when I check it....and that's after having much less apps on my phone since I've wiped it clean several times now and haven't reinstalled everything.

isaiah32

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Is anybody else having this issue? I take a screen capture of a Facebook page or SMS and it looks normal. Once I send the screen shot via SMS it comes out garbled and illegible.

nightdesigns

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Major proximity sensor issue if you navigate away from the phone screen while on a call. It continuously turns off the screen. When I turn it back on and touch anywhere it immediately turns back off. I can't end the call, press any buttons (for menus) or anything. I have to hard reboot the phone to end a call. This one is major!

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else noticing a lot less ram available now? It's almost back to the way it was before the last update when I check it....and that's after having much less apps on my phone since I've wiped it clean several times now and haven't reinstalled everything.

That maybe, but I can tell you the multitasking is flawless now!! Honestly I don't care about less ram available as long as things run smoothly, which they are.

charkzilla20

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed that some things still give haptic feedback, even when all settings for it are turned off (like touch and hold to move icons on desktop)... might just be NovaLauncher though...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes