Bugs in Jelly Bean

jimbo

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Agreed Andras. Proximity issue, It was a major problem before the previous update. HTC should have made sure it was fixed for this much anticipated jb update. I'm pissed off that I also have to restart phone for this annoying issue.

With my friends EVO LTE,, the proximity sensor problem was caused by the Otter Box case and was fixed with the follow up ICS update. For those encountering the proximity sensor problem again, are you using a protection case?

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
You are right. When I use my Otterbox case, the proximity issue does happen occasionally. I have my cruzerlite on most of the time and I do not have that problem.

jimbo

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Yes! Me too! Happened with the first call I tried to make and all consecutive after. This happened with my first EVO 4G LTE, so I got a replacement. I'm thinking this is hardware related? What do you think?

Likely to be your screen protector or case due to increased sensitivity. Was true with first ICS but follow up update to ICS made proximity sensor sensitive. Now reintroduced with Jelly Bean. If using a case with an integrated screen protector, see what happens if you remove the case.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Another thing I noticed. The phone storage. 4gb of other. What is that?

Good question. I have no answer, though. I can't compare to before, since I don't usually pay it any mind and don't know what it used to be. I can confirm THIS Evo LTE also shows 4GB of "Other". (I really hate dumbed-down indicators like this, just creates more questions than answers).

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
My battery life is running 6-8 hours, it was easy 18 hours before the update. For some reason maps eat 40-50% of the battery...and I haven't used maps since after the update...any ideas?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

AetherJones

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
My battery life is running 6-8 hours, it was easy 18 hours before the update. For some reason maps eat 40-50% of the battery...and I haven't used maps since after the update...any ideas?

Google Now uses maps a lot.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Google Now uses maps a lot.

Yep, "Google [Spy] Now [And Always]" uses GPS a lot (how else will it be able to track where you are all the time?) but not sure why that would count as "Maps" usage. Maybe it hooks into API's of Maps?

In any case, try turning off "Google [Spy] Now" and see what happens... or at least turn off it's location history stuff and see.

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I can say that having Google Now on but location history does help a lot with battery drain. It's almost as good as having it turned off completely.

curiousmileo

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Yep, "Google [Spy] Now [And Always]" uses GPS a lot (how else will it be able to track where you are all the time?) but not sure why that would count as "Maps" usage. Maybe it hooks into API's of Maps?

In any case, try turning off "Google [Spy] Now" and see what happens... or at least turn off it's location history stuff and see.

lmao whats your beef with google now? Spy lol

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Is there any browser that can get flash support on JB, Firefox and skyfire worked before the update but, they stopped after the update...

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Is there any browser that can get flash support on JB, Firefox and skyfire worked before the update but, they stopped after the update...

Works fine in Firefox. I have 11.1.115.27 installed. Had to reinstall it after the update because I guess it was removed or perhaps what was installed is too old or something. I have attached it to this message...

Attachments

• flash-android-2012-11.apk
    4.5 MB · Views: 19

blorgon

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I have a new bug (I think). I had my phone charging overnight, and when I unplugged it this morning, the red charging led stayed on, and the battery icon in the task bar showed the charging lightning bolt, even though the phone was fully charged. I tried re-plugging and unplugging the charger, but I couldn't get it to change until I did a restart. Not sure if this is a one time thing, so I'll have to keep an eye on it.
Second full night of charging, same thing happened. Think I'll start a new thread for it now.

nightmare

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Still trying to nail down why the voice typing mic on the new keyboard goes away, and how to get it back without a restart. Anyone else figure out anything with this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463