Bugs in Jelly Bean

Bamm83

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I've recently had trouble with my folders on my home screen. I have to touch well above them for them to open. It seems to be only my main home page on Sense. I haven't tried to use another launcher, but I guess ill have to.

Starting to not like this update. The proximity sensor is bad enough.

EDIT: using a different launcher solves the problem. Not sure why Sense folders don't work properly.

Last edited:

bmatlosz

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Sad, all I wanted was the contact ring-tones working correctly on my phone. Now I'm dealing with all these other bugs they built into this update. Hope the fixes come sooner then JB did otherwise I'm going to smash this phone on the wall and get an iPhone 5 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
They didn't ignore the contact issue, they knew that factory reset would solve the problem for a while but ultimately they would have to provide a fix, I have a ticket with them that states this explicitly.

By "ignored" I mean it took them entirely too long to fix a crippling issue that they caused.

vbockius

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I've recently had trouble with my folders on my home screen. I have to touch well above them for them to open. It seems to be only my main home page on Sense. I haven't tried to use another launcher, but I guess ill have to.

Starting to not like this update. The proximity sensor is bad enough.

EDIT: using a different launcher solves the problem. Not sure why Sense folders don't work properly.

I saw in another thread, many complained of this issue, and a factory reset fixed issue, and it seems to be fixing other issues as well, have you reset?

edilee012

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Finally got to test this...Power Saver option to disable data connection while screen is asleep does not work. Data connection still active while screen asleep unless it takes a determoned amount of time before it kicks it off.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Apparently HTC did make note of my complaints and a second-level tech called me and we talked for nearly an hour.

* HTC is aware of the proximity sensor issues and is working on a fix. He seems to indicate this is probably their #1 priority.
* USB debugging mode is turned on automatically, intentionally, when it detects it is necessary or there is not an ideal connection.
* "Disk Drive" mode with USB is not USB Mass Storage mode anymore, it is actually PTP.
* He wasn't aware of the issues with disabling apps being mysterious (able on some devices, not on others). He is researching after I gave some specific examples.
* He can't address why there is no landscape mode on the home screens. But he is going to re-report up the chain that people are still asking for it.
* He said the reason HTC put the "Power Saver" in the notification bar was to make it easier for people to find. I retorted with there are lots of equally important settings that are not in the notification bar and many people are screaming for there to be an option to remove it. He agrees and is forwarding that up the chain too.
* He said that HTC is also aware of increased bluetooth problems with this update (and it is happening to me too- disconnects, strange beeping, disappearing devices, etc) and they are working on improving that.
* HTC is aware of the problems with certain models of Dlink WiFi routers and they hope to have a fix for that.
* He specifically said that people reporting back issues *DOES* make a difference and helps to prioritize its position in the queue. Some people will choose to not believe it... whatever!
* When I asked why they don't put out release notes, he complained that HTC corporate doesn't even do that for HTC USA and wishes they would. The techs in the USA have to figure out a lot of the stuff through observation and trial-and-error, like we do.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I notice that if I go into app manager I see disabled on all the apps I disabled. If I pull the app from task is doesn't show there.

sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk2

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Apparently HTC did make note of my complaints and a second-level tech called me and we talked for nearly an hour.

* HTC is aware of the proximity sensor issues and is working on a fix. He seems to indicate this is probably their #1 priority.
* USB debugging mode is turned on automatically, intentionally, when it detects it is necessary or there is not an ideal connection.
* "Disk Drive" mode with USB is not USB Mass Storage mode anymore, it is actually PTP.
* He wasn't aware of the issues with disabling apps being mysterious (able on some devices, not on others). He is researching after I gave some specific examples.
* He can't address why there is no landscape mode on the home screens. But he is going to re-report up the chain that people are still asking for it.
* He said the reason HTC put the "Power Saver" in the notification bar was to make it easier for people to find. I retorted with there are lots of equally important settings that are not in the notification bar and many people are screaming for there to be an option to remove it. He agrees and is forwarding that up the chain too.
* He said that HTC is also aware of increased bluetooth problems with this update (and it is happening to me too- disconnects, strange beeping, disappearing devices, etc) and they are working on improving that.
* HTC is aware of the problems with certain models of Dlink WiFi routers and they hope to have a fix for that.
* He specifically said that people reporting back issues *DOES* make a difference and helps to prioritize its position in the queue. Some people will choose to not believe it... whatever!
* When I asked why they don't put out release notes, he complained that HTC corporate doesn't even do that for HTC USA and wishes they would. The techs in the USA have to figure out a lot of the stuff through observation and trial-and-error, like we do.

Nice work.
Hopefully they will listen to the kb issues. An option to have the old kb drop down button?
Or why the browser status bar continually drops down.
Or why landscape camera gallery images saved as wallpaper are so grainy.
We need a good list.

247TEK

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
ok my beef with new update. Screen goes blk in voicemail and when you are on a call. That's it. I wiped the phone and reloaded my apps and the problem is still the same.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Nice work.[...]We need a good list.

I actually was going to to that in a thread, the same way I do in another forum- first post is constantly updated and perfected while being discussed. Two main sections of confirmed and not-confirmed, links to supporting threads, etc. That sorta thing. But I am just too overloaded (it takes a surprising amount of time to do it right).

guitarfish

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if they know you can't mute the camera sound.

I was using my phone last night in my car, parked at night, and the darkness flipped out the proximity sensor. I couldn't get the screen to stay on long enough to be able to turn on my bluetooth, or even end the call. Really aggravating. I hope there's an update in our future soon!

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if they know you can't mute the camera sound.

Yep, as I posted the two responses I got from HTC in this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=234771

Short answer is they think they are doing a wonderful service to residents of the U.S. by protecting their privacy. I guess it's too bad they don't make assault weapons they could disable them if they're with 500 yards of a school.

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I actually was going to to that in a thread, the same way I do in another forum- first post is constantly updated and perfected while being discussed. Two main sections of confirmed and not-confirmed, links to supporting threads, etc. That sorta thing. But I am just too overloaded (it takes a surprising amount of time to do it right).

Yep, agree. Doesn't HTC or Sprint employ many people to do this??
:)

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Yep, as I posted the two responses I got from HTC in this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=234771

Short answer is they think they are doing a wonderful service to residents of the U.S. by protecting their privacy. I guess it's too bad they don't make assault weapons they could disable them if they're with 500 yards of a school.

Annoying, Camera360 gets the job done though.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm having widgets and shortcuts disappear from my home screen, and some lag from time to time. Seems like the home screens are kind of buggy, not broke, but buggy

And I run 4 home screens right now fyi

Bamm83

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I saw in another thread, many complained of this issue, and a factory reset fixed issue, and it seems to be fixing other issues as well, have you reset?

Yes. I already have. Twice actually. Thanks though. I just switched to Apex launcher, which I always eventually do anyway. Just wanted to try JB Sense for a while though

guitarfish

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site

Well I guess it's nice to know that pervs in locker rooms will have to use a different phone, lol.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Well I guess it's nice to know that pervs in locker rooms will have to use a different phone, lol.

Yeah, that's just the thing. Pervs will find a way, whether it's rooting, using a different camera app, buying any digital camera, or taking video and snapping pics from that. That's why this makes no sense, it seems like Sprint/HTC just doesn't want to be sued by someone who had pics taken of them with their silent camera. In the end it doesn't amount to anything.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan