Bugs in Jelly Bean

Cyrene

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I consistently get "messages have stopped working" when receiving MMS. I'm using Chomp, but I get the message if I open with stock as well. I'm not rooted and I did a factory reset 3 days ago. Anyone else having this issue?
Edit: figured out it was because I didn't disable autoretreive MMS in stock.
Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

rtfloneo1

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
>Coyote... Thought I was the only one. First thing I noticed was JB "broke" The WIFI I used to download it. Tried everything you mentioned with same result. Also, I can no longer Syn my Contacts. Few other small issues. Be thrilled just to get my WIFI and contact sync back.

errbin

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Wallpaper and keyboard reset to default settings when I turn off phone

sent from a EVO that survived a Apple attack... thug life

rtfloneo1

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
No LTE in my area yet, and now my WIFI is broken (works fine on laptop and Smart LG TV). At this point I'd be happy to return to ICS. FWIW, I use Camera FX so no shutter sound issues, and great pics.
HOW IN HELL CAN IT BREAK THE WIFI? Get a whopping 1.5mg download with 3G.. If I'm lucky!

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
No LTE in my area yet, and now my WIFI is broken (works fine on laptop and Smart LG TV). At this point I'd be happy to return to ICS. FWIW, I use Camera FX so no shutter sound issues, and great pics.
HOW IN HELL CAN IT BREAK THE WIFI? Get a whopping 1.5mg download with 3G.. If I'm lucky!

Could be router settings or dlna auto ip (make sure it's unchecked)

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

JManekia

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I've had the proximity sensor issues, but last night, my keyboard crashed after I messed with the keyboard settings. I had to do a simulated battery pull to get that resolved and I hope it doesn't happen again. Its quite annoying.

mike31082

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but I just noticed that the option to install apps from untrusted sources is on by default after the update to JB.

norbz

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Does anybody have an issuee trying to open apps and it pops open well then closes up again if so any solution for this please help help

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Does anybody have an issuee trying to open apps and it pops open well then closes up again if so any solution for this please help help

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Did you try going into settings, apps, select app giving trouble, clear cache, reset default, reboot phone see if it works.

sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk2

mattatwar1

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
What version of jelly bean? 4.1? 4.1.2? 4.2? 4.2.1? And what device? (There are carrier and OEM modifications on most of them) I haven't had any problems on my nexus 4 running the newest version of android (jellybean 4.2.1)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
What version of jelly bean? 4.1? 4.1.2? 4.2? 4.2.1? And what device? (There are carrier and OEM modifications on most of them) I haven't had any problems on my nexus 4 running the newest version of android (jellybean 4.2.1)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
The evo got 4.1.1

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

popularthinks

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Noticed after update.
When I receive email to the sync Hotmail Accts.

Notification shows up in status bar, this is normal. However, when selecting it from the notification bar app opens the actual email vs just going into that email acct. Anyone know how to change this?

Cyrene

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Twice my stock alarm has failed. This morning, I heard it play one note then shut off. Has this happened to anyone else?

rtfloneo1

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
>mattatwar1 My buddy has a Nexus as well and was updated to 4.2 two months ago. You have a straight Google phone and the carrier isn't in the way on these updates. They come right from Google. I'm with Sprint, and just now got 4.1.1.

rtfloneo1

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Checked everything I could think of including my router settings trying to get my WIFI back. Finally went in to settings and unchecked the DLNA, and KMA, WIFI is working again. Still can't my Google contacts to sync up though everything else will. Called Sprint about a different issue, and after demanding to speak to upper level tech, was told the Sprint stores have a program called "mobile sync" that backs up and restores all your apps after they do a hard reset. Told him I'd been in Sprint stores all over the country, and their answer to any issue is "Do a hard reset". When I asked if they were going to backup and restore all my downloaded apps after, every last one had the same answer:"Oh no, you have to do that". He said he was distressed to hear that as that's part of them doing a hard reset. Told him their stores must not have gotten that memo! I'm going into a Sprint store after Christmas, and demand a hard reset, a fresh install of Jelly Bean, and all my downloads restored! Sorry for such a long reply, guys. Thanks again for the DLNA tip - restored my WIFI at least!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze