Bugs in Jelly Bean

rtfloneo1

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I consistently get "messages have stopped working" when receiving MMS. I'm using Chomp, but I get the message if I open with stock as well. I'm not rooted and I did a factory reset 3 days ago. Anyone else having this issue?
Edit: figured out it was because I didn't disable autoretreive MMS in stock.
Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

rtfloneo1

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I've gotten the same stopped working message about SwiftKey 3 and several other apps. Because Android is open source many third party apps don't get ported over in time to work with these new versions of the OS, and have problems. Same holds true with many carrier installed apps that aren't from Google. Even the Google apps aren't bug free even though it's their new OS! They sanitize the new OS to a point, and let the customer be the guinea pig "Beta Testers". We deserve better!

mattatwar1

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I've gotten the same stopped working message about SwiftKey 3 and several other apps. Because Android is open source many third party apps don't get ported over in time to work with these new versions of the OS, and have problems. Same holds true with many carrier installed apps that aren't from Google. Even the Google apps aren't bug free even though it's their new OS! They sanitize the new OS to a point, and let the customer be the guinea pig "Beta Testers". We deserve better!

Are you on a nexus device? And the app maker is responsible for making it work properly

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

vbockius

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Twice my stock alarm has failed. This morning, I heard it play one note then shut off. Has this happened to anyone else?

Mine has not been waking me lately, thought i was just sleeping through it...when I wake there is an alarm notification in left side of top bar asking to snooze or dismiss...thats why I thought I was sleeping through it...maybe not though

vbockius

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site

I truly believe when an os gets a major update with different features and features removed from previous versions, just like when you uninstall an app there is code and "stuff" left behind..Ever uninstall an app and see a folder with name of the app left behind while looking through your sd card? I had some screen freeze issues about 5 days after this update, did a factory reset and sofar only installed apps I use (as I need them been installing them) and since I have have had zero issues, everything working as it should, battery life got even better (at end of day I have 10-15 percent more battery than before) this has been the fastest best phone I have owned to date....and my swiftkey 3 has been flawless also..I don't think we are "beta testers" but I'm betting when they are testing an update for bugs before release, they probably do a "clean install" and probably don't have a bunch of 3rd party apps on the phone...

mattatwar1

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I truly believe when an os gets a major update with different features and features removed from previous versions, just like when you uninstall an app there is code and "stuff" left behind..Ever uninstall an app and see a folder with name of the app left behind while looking through your sd card? I had some screen freeze issues about 5 days after this update, did a factory reset and sofar only installed apps I use (as I need them been installing them) and since I have have had zero issues, everything working as it should, battery life got even better (at end of day I have 10-15 percent more battery than before) this has been the fastest best phone I have owned to date....and my swiftkey 3 has been flawless also..I don't think we are "beta testers" but I'm betting when they are testing an update for bugs before release, they probably do a "clean install" and probably don't have a bunch of 3rd party apps on the phone...

There are problems with carrier additions and OEM additions/updates

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Found yet another bug I haven't seen mentioned. When using the HTC keyboard, it will "click" and vibrate with each key entered... EXCEPT the spacebar, which will not click but will vibrate. Stupid and confusing.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
The only bug I have since update is the accelerometer issue. Does not bother me because I rarely use the phone function. I know, weird right? I hate talking on the phone and never answer my phone. People who know me know to text me. Alarms are working,, Swiftkey flow is working, no crashes. Just the one bug.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Found yet another bug I haven't seen mentioned. When using the HTC keyboard, it will "click" and vibrate with each key entered... EXCEPT the spacebar, which will not click but will vibrate. Stupid and confusing.

Hmm, it went back to normal after a reboot.

- - - Updated - - -

The only bug I have since update is the accelerometer issue. Does not bother me because I rarely use the phone function.

I think you mean the proximity sensor, not the accelerometer.

jimmyg41

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if it's been mentioned but when you ask Google Now, "what song is this?" it shows "listening" then immediately crashes. Also HTC didn't enable the voice "turn on wifi/bluetooth" in Google Now.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I think ill wait till the next update, is jb really worth it with all these bugs?

Well, that depends.
Keep in mind that all releases, including whatever you are using now, have bugs or issues. That is the nature of all software. If you add up all those [valid] issues and look at them and compare them to all the [valid] issues on this release, is it any worse? Hard to say. Keep in mind my word "valid", there are lots of things in threads that are not confirmed, remain as problems from previous updates, are rare, or are not the fault of the update (for example- compatibility with apps, or a user's particular configuration or even misunderstanding of a change).

There are a LOT of very nice things about the JB update. It will be far better when some fixes come out. If you are comfortable and happy with what you have now, there is certainly nothing wrong with waiting. Nobody will chastise you (well, I certainly wouldn't).

djjeffa

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Well, that depends.
Keep in mind that all releases, including whatever you are using now, have bugs or issues. That is the nature of all software. If you add up all those [valid] issues and look at them and compare them to all the [valid] issues on this release, is it any worse? Hard to say. Keep in mind my word "valid", there are lots of things in threads that are not confirmed, remain as problems from previous updates, are rare, or are not the fault of the update (for example- compatibility with apps, or a user's particular configuration or even misunderstanding of a change).

There are a LOT of very nice things about the JB update. It will be far better when some fixes come out. If you are comfortable and happy with what you have now, there is certainly nothing wrong with waiting. Nobody will chastise you (well, I certainly wouldn't).

Thanks for reply, to be honest I see no bugs with mine except for loading contacts witch seem to be ok this past week and blurt indoor vids when I move lol
I wish there was a thread showing what new stuff you get with jb it seems like the info is all over the place.

zqual

May 23, 2012
Visit site
But I think one thing we can all agree on is, finally the multitasking has hugely improved!! For instance I did some calculations on the calculator, and even restarted my phone. Then later in the day much later opened the calculator and the last result was still there! That made me so happy :) ok, carry on with the bugs lol

( not sure if anyone mentioned that, lol)

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
But I think one thing we can all agree on is, finally the multitasking has hugely improved!! For instance I did some calculations on the calculator, and even restarted my phone. Then later in the day much later opened the calculator and the last result was still there! That made me so happy :) ok, carry on with the bugs lol

( not sure if anyone mentioned that, lol)

That's for sure!! Way, way improved!

bmatlosz

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Had to reboot several times over the holiday weekend. Never rebooted under ICS. Phone seems to "hang-up" more now and it's getting very annoying (Starting to remind me of that crappy Palm Pre I had a few years back) Really don't want to do a factory reset, and waste all that time reinstalling all my accounts and apps, but I fear thats where I'm headed. If this keeps up I'll be going to the Dark Side like my wife did and get an iPhone 5. Honestly she uses that crap out of her phone and NEVER has a problem.......HUMMMM something to be said for that.