Jelly Bean Tips - Post them here

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
The scrolling from the end of one home screen to the opposite side is back for this round. You can't go to a defined edge.

vbockius

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
The scrolling from the end of one home screen to the opposite side is back for this round. You can't go to a defined edge.

yes probably why background image doesn't scroll anymore, both probably have to do with Google now being a home button long press

dskwerl

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
why should we not accept the wifi optimizer? if we do, is there a way to turn it off?

I'm still not sure why we shouldn't use it, but you can turn it off by going into Settings > Mobile Data > Automatic Connections.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

James Bryce

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this was in ICS 4.0.4 but I just found a cool thing in the text message setting where you can set background images on your text and change the colosr of your message bubble and text.

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm really enjoying the Touch to Capture option on the camera. Just tap the focal point on the screen and it snaps nearly immediately... and the best part is that it's actually in focus!

Sent from my EVO L(a)TE using Android Central Forums.

zakphi

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
You can set it back to albums from the Events dropdown. but a pain to have to do it every time.

not to sound like a jerk, but i dont have that problem. each time i go into the gallery it's still in album view.

side note: i noticed that HTC changed the look of the window that pops up when clicking certain things and asking you what app to use and it even gives you options. either always or one time

Ivanglez

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone done the camera swipe where it lets you view the photos by Swyping the camera? I can't figure it out...

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

oehrensperger

May 10, 2012
Visit site
i believe these two features are in 4.2, not 4.1

i could be wrong

Expandable notifications are in 4.1
Our update does have it. Horizontal pinch out notifications to expand them. Works with htc mail app, HTC messages app (if the message is long enough) , power and volume down screen shot caps, and Google Play music, among others.

Can't remember if swiping on camera was 4.1 or 4.2, but I'm pretty sure it's a stock camera feature that is not present in the sense 4+ camera.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome