Jelly Bean Tips - Post them here

MannieInches

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
This has been the biggest peeve since the update. How am I supposed to take naughty pics of my lady friends and put them in Vaulty with shutter sounds all over the place !!! -_-

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't have the option to turn of the shutter sound at all.... I just find it annoying since it's just for affect and isn't an actual useful feature like an old phone that actually had a shutter that made the sound...
Perhaps it's this?

Sent from the cockpit of Gurren Lagann

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
That's wired although I had mine set before the update so wonder if that makes any difference.

That is also a possibility. I can't recall which exact apps I had disabled prior to the update but I can tell you that AFTER the update, NO application was disabled.

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
In the YouTube app when you hit the share button there's a new option "Copy to Clipboard" along with the others

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Mtnpilot

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Interesting, was messing around disabling apps. Disabled "Friend Stream" with no problem. Went back later to turn it back on to try something and the enable button is grayed out. Won't let you enable it again. The "Friend Stream Lock screen" and the"Friend Stream Widget" can both be disabled and then re-enabled with no problem.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Interesting, was messing around disabling apps. Disabled "Friend Stream" with no problem. Went back later to turn it back on to try something and the enable button is grayed out. Won't let you enable it again.

It just keeps getting stranger all the time.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
That is also a possibility. I can't recall which exact apps I had disabled prior to the update but I can tell you that AFTER the update, NO application was disabled.

Hmm did you do a reset, because the one ones I had selected remained disabled after update.

sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk2

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Hmm did you do a reset, because the one ones I had selected remained disabled after update.

A factory reset? No. Now you are making me question what I said earlier. I do have a right to be a bit confused, because I just bought an Evo LTE for someone else and have been configuring that one at the same time when the update hit both of them.

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
As I'm driving around, there's a notification pop up that shows drive time to home/work and distance...what is that?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

smgoma

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Was Internet Pass Through Available before? It allows you to use the Internet connection on the computer when you are connected via USB.

gregisonfire

May 15, 2011
Visit site
This has been the biggest peeve since the update. How am I supposed to take naughty pics of my lady friends and put them in Vaulty with shutter sounds all over the place !!! -_-

The reason (I'm assuming, at least) is because of laws in a lot of Asian countries making this mandatory. Rather than making a new version for the US, I'm sure this build of JB will be used across a number different countries, with minor tweaks per device, and changing it for ours is an unnecessary hassle. I remember when camera phones first came out there was a rash of "peeping toms" taking pictures up girls' skirts on crowded subways, etc in Japan. Basically if this is your reason for complaining about the shutter sound, you're just a pervert. It's not a big deal, and most countries have this and it really is more of a privacy protection issue than a "let's annoy our end-user" issue.

slinkeril

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Went back, took it off, then turned it back on (every time requires a pattern, fresh), still acts the same way. I am pressing "cancel" to prevent it from blocking text previews and such... I don't need it THAT secure.

I guess I will just have to add two more unlocking sessions to my routine every day to set the ringer up and then off. There are far more annoying things out there to deal with than this.

It has been this way on all EVO's i have owned that i can remember...
If im not mistaken, this is part of the security feature, for only one scenario i can think... Say someone steals/finds your phone in a public location.. this prevents them from turning off the ringer, so you could for instance call the phone and try to locate it by the sound... or some security features make the phone "scream" to hear it..

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
You can change your lock screen wallpaper to make it different from your main wallpaper.
You can block text messages and phone calls.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

84guy

May 25, 2010
Visit site
You can change your lock screen wallpaper to make it different from your main wallpaper.
You can block text messages and phone calls.
Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

i think blocking text is new but changing lockscreen wallpaper and blocking phone numbers were in ics

secretmethod70

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I have to make some more corrections to your post. You *CAN* disable Stocks, and Mail (as well as Friend Stream, as I previously noted). I have not tried the others. So far, the only ones I cannot disable that I tried are Sprint Zone (like before the update), Flikr, and FM Radio.

I did a factory reset after updating so that I could start fresh and avoid any conflicts. I'm willing to bet that has something to do with it, because I definitely can't disable any of those apps :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20