Foxfi doesn't work with jelly bean :(

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
https://tether.com/
Trial version worked for me. My phone is not rooted. Only tried USB connection.

Completely uninteresting to many (including me). Doesn't work with Linux. Doesn't work with any other Android device. Doesn't work with any WiFi device. Can't be used except by one client at a time. Requires additional client software. Requires carrying and using a cable. Is not on Play.

There are several other similar apps to that. None of them can do what FoxFi did.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Umm foxfi won't work on any HTC phone period... It says so as soon as you try to use it on an htc with a super big warning box that pops up. Only Bluetooth tethering works and good luck getting that to work.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

DougB541#CB

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Umm foxfi won't work on any HTC phone period... It says so as soon as you try to use it on an htc with a super big warning box that pops up. Only Bluetooth tethering works and good luck getting that to work.

Worked fine on my phone before.

norbz

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Daaaam ur a strait ass T.R.O.L.L speak for ur self regarding others opinion and dnt generalize negative Nancy

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Might finally have to Root. Not expecting another android update by the time i'm ready to buy a new phone anyway.

I don't know what YOU expect or how quickly you are ready for a different phone (the Evo LTE is pretty new). But I expect there to be another update in a perhaps a month or less to address problems introduced in the last update.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Daaaam ur a strait ass T.R.O.L.L speak for ur self regarding others opinion and dnt generalize negative Nancy

Hmm wasn't trolling or being a negative Nancy. I'm sorry if I offended anyone in any way with my comment, that's what foxfi tells me when I try to use it on my evo 4g.

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site

Sorry but worked great for me before. Knew it wouldn't after the update at 1st, (or perhaps ever), but it did before.

Tropicm

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Foxfi doesn't work with jelly bean except in tether mode, and I just bought Foxfi before the update the only way is tether but you have to download Pdanet and put it on your pc and install it and then activate tether on your phone and then do the same on your pc and you are on the web, that's how I am writing this right now. LOL :-$

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site

There is no "solution" there, only a totally different, somewhat functional alternative. Open Garden is not WiFi tethering/hotspot. It is bluetooth only. It doesn't support Linux. It doesn't support iOS. It doesn't work with all applications under Android. It also apparently gives the user zero control over who can or cannot connect to their device.

There is also nothing "open" about "Open Garden". It is 100% proprietary and closed-source software. It is more of a "Walled Garden", in reality.

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
There is no "solution" there, only a totally different, somewhat functional alternative. Open Garden is not WiFi tethering/hotspot. It is bluetooth only. It doesn't support Linux. It doesn't support iOS. It doesn't work with all applications under Android. It also apparently gives the user zero control over who can or cannot connect to their device.

There is also nothing "open" about "Open Garden". It is 100% proprietary and closed-source software. It is more of a "Walled Garden", in reality.

I suppose I should be been more specific that it's a good enough solution for me. As for saying that it doesn't support WiFi hot spot, I find that 1/2 accurate. The data that is transferred between the devices can be transmitted via WiFi, within that "closed" environment. Sure I can't use many apps that require a data connection, but my phone will suffice for those functions.
My interest was to be able to use the Web on my Note 10.1 through my Evo. This it does well and that's all I really need on the go.

Last edited:

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Well android is open source so we can always rewrite the OS as we see fit.

If only I was that good. :(

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
would it work for HTC EVO 4g (not LTE)??

I've been hunting around for an answer, but I can't seem to find the minimum requirements for it anywhere. I suppose just give it a try and see for yourself. Worst case it just won't work or won't let you download it or install.

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
would it work for HTC EVO 4g (not LTE)??
In terms of Android version, it does meet the requirements--The original Evo maxed out at Gingerbread, and FoxFi support is from Froyo and up. However, it does mention compatibility issues with HTC phones, so it might not work.

I never tried it on my original Evo, because by the time they released FoxFi, I had already rooted and was using Wireless Tether, so I can't tell you if it works or not.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
In terms of Android version, it does meet the requirements--The original Evo maxed out at Gingerbread, and FoxFi support is from Froyo and up. However, it does mention compatibility issues with HTC phones, so it might not work.

I never tried it on my original Evo, because by the time they released FoxFi, I had already rooted and was using Wireless Tether, so I can't tell you if it works or not.

Yes i used to run it on my OG EVO.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey