Google Nav crashing since jb update

zqual

May 23, 2012
Visit site
They were asking me a lot of questions about how,when and where it crashes. And they did say that they have noticed the issues with google nav with a lot of other users of the EVo 4glte, I told them how I tried resetting the phone, clearing the internal cache, tried other google nav versions. As well as showing me how to use it in safe mode. So they definitely acknowledge that the google nav is an issue. He also said he was going to show me how to re install the updates and what nots. it was a good experience.

ufergus

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I also spoke with HTC's ticket escalation team yesterday. The person mentioned that they have been receiving more and more calls about Google Nav not working. They asked me to trigger the problem and then upload some log files from my phone, which I did. They are going to forward them to the engineers to see if something valuable is in there. Hopefully something will come of this....

ufergus

May 14, 2010
Visit site
When they first contacted me, I was given links directly into their ticket system to reply to questions. The ticket system has options to upload files.

zqual

May 23, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I got that too, but is there a way to send the whole crash report that Google maps creates right after it crashes. Because it shows the error right in those reports.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I got that too, but is there a way to send the whole crash report that Google maps creates right after it crashes. Because it shows the error right in those reports.

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
The nav problem seems to be a bigger issue than expected. While ROM devs over at XDA have been able to fix the proximity sensor issue as well as some other bugs brought about by the JB update the general consensus on the JB navigation issue is to roll back to an ICS build ROM.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    105.8 KB · Views: 33

ufergus

May 14, 2010
Visit site

I just triggered the error and submitted the stack trace information to HTC.

zqual

May 23, 2012
Visit site
The nav problem seems to be a bigger issue than expected. While ROM devs over at XDA have been able to fix the proximity sensor issue as well as some other bugs brought about by the JB update the general consensus on the JB navigation issue is to roll back to an ICS build ROM.

it looks that way, because I noticed i
people with other phones w/ jb having the same problems.

majedalanni

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I think this may help to prevent Google nav crash, I went to setting and then development tools then advance and i checked force gpu render and disable HW overlay, after I did that it was not crash any more.

my device is HTC 4G LTE, please try it and see if this will help you!

Thanks in advance!

Mike

ufergus

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I think this may help to prevent Google nav crash, I went to setting and then development tools then advance and i checked force gpu render and disable HW overlay, after I did that it was not crash any more.

my device is HTC 4G LTE, please try it and see if this will help you!

Thanks in advance!

Mike

Didn't work for me, still crashes.

mawilson82

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I went out of town last week. Although I did crash, as long as I didn't click ok, it still worked. It was just enough to get new to and from the airport. Still stucks though.

zqual

May 23, 2012
Visit site
Ahhhhhhhh!!!!! The new update from today still did not fix the Google nav from crashing!! It fixed proximity sensor issues though.

sixwarzone

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
A workaround was posted on another discussion thread, it worked for me... just switch to 2D mode by clicking on the compass symbol. Good luck!