Google Nav crashing since jb update

ufergus

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I haven't tried flashing the RUU either, but someone reported over on S4GRU that it fixed it for them. From what I have read, you just run the RUU executable and it does the rest automagically. Maybe if I get bored this weekend I will try it....

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Who has a ticket open with HTC on this issue? What are they saying?

To me this is a bigger issue (even though I'm not affected) than the silly Facebook Feb 29th birthday issue that I have.

ufergus

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I have a ticket open with HTC. I have been told my issue has been escalated and I should be contacted soon. That is about it...

- - - Updated - - -

but someone reported over on S4GRU that it fixed it for them.

This turned out not to be true, my bad.

dagold99

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Again. For those of you who are having trouble with Google Nav. GO INTO YOUR SPRINT STORE AND GET A REPLACEMENT PHONE. Since I did that I HAVE NOT HAD ANY ISSUES WITH JB UPDATE. Google Nav has NOT crashed once since I received my replacement phone. Good Luck.

zqual

May 23, 2012
Visit site
Again. For those of you who are having trouble with Google Nav. GO INTO YOUR SPRINT STORE AND GET A REPLACEMENT PHONE. Since I did that I HAVE NOT HAD ANY ISSUES WITH JB UPDATE. Google Nav has NOT crashed once since I received my replacement phone. Good Luck.

I just went to 2 sprint stores and they would not replace it. first store said they wanted to do a diagnostic test and would take 2 hours. Didnt have the time, but he did notice the sensor issue with the case on. Went to second sprint store, guy lied to me and said he did an update on the phone that fixed the sensor. I wanted to punch him in his face. He did a reset said I was all set, I told him I have done all that he did and got mad at him for lying straight to my face! So i told him to mark my account that I came in and would take care of the rest. And I even called sprint in between the running around and they told me to have the sprint store look at it. WTH!!!!! Dagold, what did you say to them that got you a phone so quick. I had a feeling going to the stores would give me the runaround thats why it took me so long to go in.

dagold99

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Wow! I went into my sprint store and told them My google Nav was not working after the JB update. I told them I even did a hard reset,wiped my phone and installed JB again. And that did not fix the problem. The sprint store took my phone for about an hour to install their JB. I waited. When the sprint store finished I took my phone into my car and Google Nav crashed in about a minute. I went back into the sprint store (Encino, CA) and they ordered a replacement phone which I received a couple of days later. I had to install JB on my replacement phone but again NO problems whatsoever. The people at the sprint store were always very nice and did not give me any problems. They understood that Google Navigation should work.

Zqual. If I were in your position I would be very upset. I would then call sprint retention and tell them your story and all you want is a replacement phone. If they then said no I would go to the FCC website and file a complaint. I guarantee you that you will get a call from sprint within a month and they will offer you a replacement phone and do whatever they can to make you happy.When I had a problem with my sprint bill that is what I had to do and it all worked out in my favor. Good Luck Again!

zqual

May 23, 2012
Visit site
O MAN!!! on the phone with sprint, they just dont want to replace it. Idk Dagold, U just have some charm i guess. Ill sit tight and wait for the update HTC pushes out, and hopefully they will do it soon, Cuz i loves my google maps!

zqual

May 23, 2012
Visit site
Zqual, do you have TEP?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

yeah I Have TEP, they sent me to put in a claim, but they wanted to charge the $150 deductible. So i said screw that. Plus, they would have sent me a refurb phone, and i am still on the fence about that as well, But since Dagold still hasnt had any problems it looks like i might try to pursue a lil more. O, and also, TEP through sprint will not replace for software malfunction unless the phone has something happen to it.

marksr

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Why would a replacement phone have any better chance of working Google Nav than factory reset?...just askin'...same software..same hardware...same OS-
anyone know?

ufergus

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I am going to put on my uber optimistic hat and HOPE they finally realized this is a software issue and will have a fix out shortly.

Now back to reality, that sucks zqual. I was asking about TEP to see if they were giving you a hard time because you didn't have it. I'll likely try to take mine in next week if they don't at least give me an update on my ticket status.

ufergus

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Why would a replacement phone have any better chance of working Google Nav than factory reset?...just askin'...same software..same hardware...same OS-
anyone know?

I think this is only affecting a small amount of phones. So getting a replacement phone may simply be playing the odds that you will get one that falls on the good side.

zqual

May 23, 2012
Visit site
anyone know?

yeah that's what I am thinking. Cuz I would rather have an update than a refurby phone that could potentially have other problem. At least I know where my phone has been, and it hasn't been in to many good places ...

ufergus

May 14, 2010
Visit site
At least I know where my phone has been, and it hasn't been in to many good places ...

Nice! My current EVO is a refurb. The speakerphone on my original went crazy. I was very worried I would get some POS but up until this Nav issue its been great. As long as you can ignore the 'where has it been' part ;)

zqual

May 23, 2012
Visit site
Just got off the phone with HTC and explained all the issues with the update. I am shocked at how approachable and cool he was. Kinda glad i didn't get a replacement, i def wanna see this company and phone thrive. And cool fact, I just learned that HTC builds their version of Android from the ground up unlike samsung who pretty much uses stock and adds a few things to the software. That is why it takes a while for the updates to come out.. ( but you all prob knew that lol). I think next time I talk to them, maybe give recommendations for the next evo. Hopefully they listen. Def want a Tegra chip for those sweet games! Keep the sd card slot, kickstand is a must, the 5'" 1080p screen, AND WORKING GOOGLE NAV!!!!!!

ufergus

May 14, 2010
Visit site
What did they say about the Google Nav issue? I haven't even been able to get them to acknowledge that its a real problem yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz