Google Nav crashing since jb update

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Oddly enough, the 2D trick works fine for me since the last update. It didn't before then. 3D still doesn't tho.

Sent from my Touchpad Android

k2ldc10

May 12, 2010
Visit site
What is the trick for putting navigation into 2d mode? Is this a function only available with JB? I haven't upgraded yet but use navigation a lot and to try it out to see if that would bug me. I didn't see how to go into 2d mode while navigating.

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
What is the trick for putting navigation into 2d mode? Is this a function only available with JB? I haven't upgraded yet but use navigation a lot and to try it out to see if that would bug me. I didn't see how to go into 2d mode while navigating.
You tap on the compass and it will change the view.

RedBarchetta

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
We just got our EVOLTE's last Saturday. My wife and I are new to HTC and new to Sprint. One update pushed through but it was just a minor ICS update. Well, two days ago the JB update was ready. I went ahead against my gut feeling and did our updates. I had been reading this form and making notes of the "displeasure" of the update and the effect it's having on Nav. I use Nav a lot so I was very hesitant. I did it anyway and I got to tell you guys....so far so good!! No issues with maps or Nav. I tested it out three times so far including for an hour drive yesterday and no problems whatsoever. Guess I lucked out:) Love the camera update, btw.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
We just got our EVOLTE's last Saturday. My wife and I are new to HTC and new to Sprint. One update pushed through but it was just a minor ICS update. Well, two days ago the JB update was ready. I went ahead against my gut feeling and did our updates. I had been reading this form and making notes of the "displeasure" of the update and the effect it's having on Nav. I use Nav a lot so I was very hesitant. I did it anyway and I got to tell you guys....so far so good!! No issues with maps or Nav. I tested it out three times so far including for an hour drive yesterday and no problems whatsoever. Guess I lucked out:) Love the camera update, btw.

Glad to hear you're happy! The vast majority of phones have updated with no problems. That's what I hate about forums you almost exclusively see problems and not all the successes.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
What do people like better with Google Nav vs TeleNav?

I just ask because Google Nav always gives me the shortest distance route with no way to select the fastest route (unless was added, haven't used it in a while). In some cases this can be a pretty big discrepancy in travel time as Google Nav will often send you across 25-30 miles of surface streets when you could add four or five miles and be almost all highway.

k2ldc10

May 12, 2010
Visit site
You tap on the compass and it will change the view.

Thanks for that. Didn't even think of tapping the compass. I set it to 2d, and then I upgraded to jb, and the setting stayed in 2d. I will be testing to see if nav crashes. Hoping it doesn't!

Last edited:

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
What do people like better with Google Nav vs TeleNav?

I just ask because Google Nav always gives me the shortest distance route with no way to select the fastest route (unless was added, haven't used it in a while). In some cases this can be a pretty big discrepancy in travel time as Google Nav will often send you across 25-30 miles of surface streets when you could add four or five miles and be almost all highway.
I've always liked Telenav better, but Google Nav seems to startup and get going much faster, which is why I've started to prefer that.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for that. Didn't even think of tapping the compass. Inset it to 2d, and then I upgraded to in, and the setting stayed in 2d. I will be testing to see if nav crashes. Hoping it doesn't!

Hopefully not! It's such a bizarre problem. Hopefully it gets fixed eventually. Better than when I had my Epic, where after an update the GPS would only work for about 10 minutes then mysteriously lose its fix. It would only work again if you rebooted. Now THAT was an annoying problem!

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I saw Maps updated today, but I didn't bother to try Nav again in the 3D view. I'll try it and if it doesn't work, I'll just keep doing what I've been doing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC