Power Saver on JB

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Who is using it and who isn't, and do you notice a difference either way. I have finally found the right settings to get what I need out of the phone in a day's use. The settings do not include using power saver. Has anyone seen anything positive or negative to using power saver? Thanks.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Who is using it and who isn't, and do you notice a difference either way. I have finally found the right settings to get what I need out of the phone in a day's use. The settings do not include using power saver. Has anyone seen anything positive or negative to using power saver? Thanks.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g-lte/235085-battery-after-jb.html

One negative thing about it is the damn permanent notification that is extremely irritating. Thanks, HTC, for cluttering our notifications with something SO FREAKING IMPORTANT [NOT] and giving us NO WAY TO NOT LOOK AT IT (yes, this pisses me off).

I personally have no interest in the "Power Saver" because HTC doesn't describe exactly what it does and I detest "settings" and "helper" systems that go behind my back doing secret things to "help" me. I know how to save and conserve battery life with traditional settings. I have no objection to them including some semi "smart" thing for people who don't, I just don't want to be forced to use it (thankfully not the case with this) or forced to LOOK AT IT every day when I have it turned off.

AetherJones

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site

Ok, my battery life has been awful since update, so my first day I tried using Power Saver. It dims the screen, and turns off haptic feedbck I know, but other than that... didn't really notice any other difference. It slowed the power drain on my device, but not by enough to make me want to continually use it.

And for reference I spent about 2 hours listening to Audible and Podkicker and 3 hours doing nothing with my device the power dropped to 71 percent. I used to be able to hover around 85-86 percent after the same amount of time. I used to listen about 5 hours at a time, but this phone would probably die now. It dropped 1 percent every few minutes doing nothing. Power Saver extended the time to about 10 minutes, but that's all.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz