The next EVO?

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Well we have one in the evo lte so I think that we will in the m7 fir sprint

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

That depends if Sprint wants to make an "Evo" version out of it... which is a lot of effort. Personally, I just wish HTC would take a clue and put the Evo features on their One series and then EVERYONE can benefit from them. And it will mean one less separate "model" HTC has to deal with.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
They made a point of bringing it back with this evo, it's very iconic to the evo, I haven't seen it in any other htc phone yet so I highly doubt they would take it away that quick.

HTC has put kickstands in other models.

I think the reason the last Evo (the Evo 3D) didn't have a kickstand is that they simply had no room for it due to the 3D camera. I was quite disappointed that it didn't have a kickstand, personally. It was a great phone, otherwise.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
The only other phone to really has peaked my interest is the sammy note. I think the s pen would have a lot of practical applications for me and I think I might like the screen size. My guess is the next evo will have the same screen size but I wouldn't mind a bump to at least 5". And I want to see what they have cooked up with sense 5.

So what screen size does everyone want with the next evo?

At this point, I think it is extremely unlikely they are going to use a different screen in any new Evo. They might adapt some other changes from a One series phone, but changing the display or CPU or RAM is probably too much of a major production deviation, leading to a MAJOR cost hit.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Its coming to sprint so yes an sd slot will be included

Last 3 evos had sd. Evo design & shift too

A quote from the financial market:

"Past returns are no guarantee of future performance"

Just because previous Evos had an SD card does not mean future models will. Personally, I wish EVERY phone always had an SD slot for additional storage. I am willing to give that up, however, but ONLY if the phone:

1) Has a LOT of *FREE* space on it already, meaning at least 32GB.
2) Has the ability to work with USB Mass Storage Mode. And most phones do not anymore. And this JB update *BROKE* the USB Mass Storage Mode on the Evo LTE.... at least it certainly did on under Linux.

Really, flash storage is so cheap now, it is totally insane to offer a high-end device without at least 32GB of built-in, available storage. The production cost difference for adding additional storage is only a few dollars per device. It is almost 2013, it is time to bump the standard to 64 on high-end devices, anyway. Instead, you get crap like the HTC DNA that comes out with 16 and far less than that is actually available to the end user AND there is no SD slot.... CRAZY STUPID.

As my Mom would say: "Penny wise, pound foolish".

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
A quote from the financial market:

"Past returns are no guarantee of future performance"

Just because previous Evos had an SD card does not mean future models will. Personally, I wish EVERY phone always had an SD slot for additional storage. I am willing to give that up, however, but ONLY if the phone:

1) Has a LOT of *FREE* space on it already, meaning at least 32GB.
2) Has the ability to work with USB Mass Storage Mode. And most phones do not anymore. And this JB update *BROKE* the USB Mass Storage Mode on the Evo LTE.... at least it certainly did on under Linux.

Really, flash storage is so cheap now, it is totally insane to offer a high-end device without at least 32GB of built-in, available storage. The production cost difference for adding additional storage is only a few dollars per device. It is almost 2013, it is time to bump the standard to 64 on high-end devices, anyway. Instead, you get crap like the HTC DNA that comes out with 16 and far less than that is actually available to the end user AND there is no SD slot.... CRAZY STUPID.

As my Mom would say: "Penny wise, pound foolish".

Good chance. No guarantee

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

megamaster5

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Didn't wanna start a new thread but also wanted to see if the Rumor mill was churning. The M7 looks to be a whole new line of Phones but perhaps there may an Evo version. I loved my Evo and would love to hop back on the Evo Train when the next one is out :) Speed and battery life should be better by then as well as Sprint LTE haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz