Netgear WIFI issue, Anyone else????

bmatlosz

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Had a problem with a WIFI conncetion over the holiday weekend. Under ICS my phone connected to the Netgear WIFI at my in-laws house without a problem. Yesterday under JB it was a nightmare. Heres the scenario:
Walked in and checked my phone, saw the WIFI icon lit up so I ASSUMED it was connected and working. (ASSUMED)
An hour later I realized I had no new email messages or app alerts. (Not normal for me)
Checked the WIFI connection, showed I was issued an IP address and all looked good. Decided to do a Speedtest, could not locate a server. Opened Facebook had the spinning wheel of death.
As this was going on I knew it wasn't the WIFI at the house, as my daughter was sitting right across from me on her new iPad Mini Facetiming with relatives in Iowa.
Tried to "forget" the connection, bad mistake. When I tried to reconnect all I got was "Authenticating" and it never reconnected.
Rebooted the phone and it finally connected. But still nothing worked. I walked into the room where the base was to check it and low and behold my inbox flooded with messages.A quick Speedtest showed a vibrant 20mb connection up and down.
But when I walked 10 foot from the base it went silent again. No internet, no email, no Facebook. DAMMMMMM !!!!

Finally gave up and switched it off and used the Spring 3G (cough) connection the rest of the time. (No LTE here in the major US city of Phila. Why would we need that here ?!?!?!?)

So, anyone else have a Netgear WIFI that was similar?

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I have access to several different routers at home/friends/work and the only ones i have seen an issue with are D-Link DIR-615 routers.
I have a connection to 2 different netgear routers and they are all working well on my unit.

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Had a problem with a WIFI conncetion over the holiday weekend. Under ICS my phone connected to the Netgear WIFI at my in-laws house without a problem. Yesterday under JB it was a nightmare. Heres the scenario:
Walked in and checked my phone, saw the WIFI icon lit up so I ASSUMED it was connected and working. (ASSUMED)
An hour later I realized I had no new email messages or app alerts. (Not normal for me)
Checked the WIFI connection, showed I was issued an IP address and all looked good. Decided to do a Speedtest, could not locate a server. Opened Facebook had the spinning wheel of death.
As this was going on I knew it wasn't the WIFI at the house, as my daughter was sitting right across from me on her new iPad Mini Facetiming with relatives in Iowa.
Tried to "forget" the connection, bad mistake. When I tried to reconnect all I got was "Authenticating" and it never reconnected.
Rebooted the phone and it finally connected. But still nothing worked. I walked into the room where the base was to check it and low and behold my inbox flooded with messages.A quick Speedtest showed a vibrant 20mb connection up and down.
But when I walked 10 foot from the base it went silent again. No internet, no email, no Facebook. DAMMMMMM !!!!

Finally gave up and switched it off and used the Spring 3G (cough) connection the rest of the time. (No LTE here in the major US city of Phila. Why would we need that here ?!?!?!?)

So, anyone else have a Netgear WIFI that was similar?
I'm have a netgear n600 and have no problems with jellybean

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz