HTC Sense 4+ Message app

ginglish

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to set the Message app to show when a "group message" is received. I see no difference between single and group messages in the listing. All messages are grouped by conversation, so they show up with others from the sender. It hard to know if they are addressed to several others or just to me.
Only way I've found to determine if it is a group message is to pull down the menu and it has a "reply all" option. Surely there is an eaiser way.

The list shows the group icon on my sent messages, just not on the incoming. I understand that other mms apps keep Group Messages in seprate threads from single ones.
Is that a setting for the EVO? I've not been able to locate it if it is.

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
On stock sense there's no way to do this - and I think it's an android thing rather than sense. It has to do with the way the messages are sent and received. I have spent more than enough time testing out different apps that allow group messaging and I think GO SMS Prois the best one for my needs. It's free, the UI is adjustable, you can block senders (which you will have to do because they will send you adverts via text) and you can set it up to do group sms like you are describing, as long as your recipients can group sms (technically it's an mms, I believe). For me, the important part was that it was compatible with iPhone group messaging (sorry, but it's who I'm talking with) - and it does that very well.

If you are going to download this, make sure if you are sending mms that you do that instead of the silly go-hosted mms service. It's a waste.
Also, don't bother with go chat. What I did was go into Settings(Basic)>Running Mode>Normal Mode. That makes it just a replacement for your messaging app - no more.
To make sure you have the group texting enabled, go to Settings(Advanced)>Send Settings>MMS Group Chat
It also has Emoji support, so when your iphone friends send you a silly animated message, you can see what they mean.

That's what I did. They have a theme maker so you can do your own themes to make it appear how you want. Good luck.

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to set the Message app to show when a "group message" is received. I see no difference between single and group messages in the listing. All messages are grouped by conversation, so they show up with others from the sender. It hard to know if they are addressed to several others or just to me.
Only way I've found to determine if it is a group message is to pull down the menu and it has a "reply all" option. Surely there is an eaiser way.

The list shows the group icon on my sent messages, just not on the incoming. I understand that other mms apps keep Group Messages in seprate threads from single ones.
Is that a setting for the EVO? I've not been able to locate it if it is.

I forgot to mention - if you are integrated with Google Voice, there's no way to do this, even with an app. Google voice handles every message individually so even if you send a group message on your phone, Google Voice splits them so they are received as an individual message.

ginglish

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I'm running Go SMS and it does what I was looking for. I have it set as default. I've set notifications off on the native app. Is there any way to disable it? It still logs every message.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I'm running Go SMS and it does what I was looking for. I have it set as default. I've set notifications off on the native app. Is there any way to disable it? It still logs every message.

It doesn't log every message. The messages are stored in a single place on your phone, both apps just read from that same place.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1