voice to text button missing

choclab1

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
So I was using my voice to text button today and realized that after the JB update they must have blocked offensive words again. So I go in to the settings and uncheck the box. Then about 30min later I go to use it again and pull up my text and keyboard and now the microphone on the period button is missing.

I've gone thru all the settings I can think of and can't find it for the life of me. Can some on please send me in the right direction? Please thank you

mplonsky

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
I have this problem with the swype keyboard, but not with the HTC stock keyboard. However, since the swype keyboard is good at going back and fixing words (putting the cursor in a word and being given alternative choices), while the stock keyboard is not (though you can swipe keys with it). In contrast, the text to speech is also good at fixing words. I'm not happy and am considering trying a third party keyboard. In summary, my voice to text button is only missing on the swype keyboard.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums.

balansboy

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I have this problem with the swype keyboard, but not with the HTC stock keyboard. However, since the swype keyboard is good at going back and fixing words (putting the cursor in a word and being given alternative choices), while the stock keyboard is not (though you can swipe keys with it). In contrast, the text to speech is also good at fixing words. I'm not happy and am considering trying a third party keyboard. In summary, my voice to text button is only missing on the swype keyboard.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums.

I was annoyed with Swype and lack of voice to text as well. I followed someone's advise in another thread and downloaded theSwype Beta from the Swype website. It had the voice to text option. Works great

mplonsky

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Thank you Balansboy. I came to the same conclusion after reading about various keyboards. In fact, I am so pleased with the swype beta, that I installed in on my nexus 7 as well as on my HTC 4g lte.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Thank you Balansboy. I came to the same conclusion after reading about various keyboards. In fact, I am so pleased with the swype beta, that I installed in on my nexus 7 as well as on my HTC 4g lte.

I haven't tried the beta but I found the auto correct on swype to be horrible and I finally had to dump it. I moved on to swiftkey and now the swiftkey flow beta and I have no plans to ever go back.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers