Time to dump HTC Evo?

errbin

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
NOPE... I'm a broke mothertrucker I don't have 600 plus laying around to get the G3 or Note 2

plus I'll make due with the bugs until the next update

sent from a EVO that survived a Apple attack... thug life

R1der2002

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Why wouldn't you do it for a GS3? I would think the GS3 and Note 2 have the same software which is the reason for switching from an Evo.
Because the screen on the GN2 is bigger and better and the battery on the GN2 is wayyyy better, and once you get use to the size it's really not a huge difference.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
While I agree with you mostly on this, I don't agree that the first (or second) thing out of support's mouth should be to do a factory reset. There should be some attempt at troubleshooting first. Imagine if every problem with Windows, Mac OS or Linux was handled by reinstalling the operating system and then reinstalling all your apps just to see if the problem still exists. That is a pretty harsh solution.

Oh, I couldn't agree with your more. It can be very, very frustrating. It is like support saying something like "just reinstall your OS" when you are having a problem printing. Unfortunately, real troubleshooting takes a lot of time/energy/money, and most companies just don't have the right people and/or time and/or budget. Since there are a zillion and one things that can cause issues, it is far easier for them to just get the phone back into a known state first.

Since I am both support AND an user, I can see both points of view :)

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
That's one of the issues....screenshots look like crap after the update...smh

LOL- I was going to mention that, but decided not to :)

In particular, please note that the issue is only with texting. When you take a screenshot and then copy the file off the phone and attach it to a posting here, it will look just fine (I know, because I have done it several times since the update). So not really sure why his is strange looking.

padre1357

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
With the latest update, the HTC EVO LTE is complete garbage! tons of of bugs and bad battery life are totally unacceptable. Especially when there are alternatives. I'm thinking Galaxy S3 or Galaxy Note II. Because my battery life is so bad, I dream of having the Note II that could probably go more than a day with 4.1. Anybody feel like dumping their EVO? What phone would you get?

Im ditching mine fri. This was my first android phone and i cant deal w this anymore. Rim gave me a more stable phone. Imgonna try note 2. Its very close to evolte w an otterbox size, so i really dont see size as an issue

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Took some work. But my batt life has improved after removing some google now settings & removing some battery saver apps.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

bmatlosz

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I fear this is my last dance with HTC as well.... Suffered with a Palm Pre for over a year and now it seems HTC is following in Palms footsteps by using their customers as "test" subjects in their experiments. I don't mind some "bumps" in a brand new device, but fix them in your first major release. Don't add bugs like HTC just did with this JB update.

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Funny. A screen shot was posted of the battery life.

Too bad the screen shot can't be read because the update screwed this up.
I'm assuming the battery life wasn't too good. This is too bad because the update screwed this up also.

The update was really a big time downgrade. It is hard to believe HTC let this update go out.

I hate to say it but this phone is trash. The phone was better before any updates came out on it!!!

I would like a Note 2 and since I am under contract. They are running around 400-450 used.

I guess if I sell my EVO then it would be about 200-250. Still a lot.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

Actually all the screen shot tells us is batter level...

I'm assuming the battery life wasn't too good. This is too bad because the update screwed this up also.

How often does the average user really need to take screenshots? I'll be the last person to defend HTC at this point but for me this is way down the list of issues I care about.

And yeah my battery life has some really bad days post update

The update was really a big time downgrade. It is hard to believe HTC let this update go out.

If you were one of the lucky ones that got the last ICS update with all of the contacts issues then this update couldn't have come sooner!

I hate to say it but this phone is trash. The phone was better before any updates came out on it!!!

Harsh words, how did your phone get so much worse? If you really want it back closer to ICS have you tried turning off google now and seeing what that does for you?

I would like a Note 2 and since I am under contract. They are running around 400-450 used.

I will probably end up returning my phone for wifi issues and that would mean evo #4, at some point I'm going to have to decide between the note 2 and the evo. I'm really leaning towards the note at this point not going to lie

I guess if I sell my EVO then it would be about 200-250. Still a lot.

Good luck

Gladius Nova

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
How often does the average user really need to take screenshots? I'll be the last person to defend HTC at this point but for me this is way down the list of issues I care about

Good luck
For "you" maybe, but I consider this one of the main features. I (as well as others who use their smartphone for business communication) find it detrimental.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
1. The picture tells the battery level which doesn't mean anything. If it was readable it would say how long it has been on the battery to get to a low level. That means a lot more.
2. I do screen shots relatively often. And guess what? It doesn't happy on other phones or pre 4.1
3. The contact issue had an easy fix.....clear the memory in the contact app. Then resync your contacts. It would fix it for a while. It was only a 2 min fix so I could live with 2 min to fix it every month or 2.
4. There are a lot of issues with 4.1 including proximity sensor issues, battery life, unreadable screen shots, screen going black when listening to voicemail and many more!!!!
5. $250 + my evo is a lot but the battery life of the N2 may be worth it. We'll see.

Nobody loved the evo brand more than me but the quality of the updates is just too bad to make this useable like you need it to be.

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Time to dump HTC Evo?
1. The picture tells the battery level which doesn't mean anything. If it was readable it would say how long it has been on the battery to get to a low level. That means a lot more.
2. I do screen shots relatively often. And guess what? It doesn't happy on other phones or pre 4.1
3. The contact issue had an easy fix.....clear the memory in the contact app. Then resync your contacts. It would fix it for a while. It was only a 2 min fix so I could live with 2 min to fix it every month or 2.
4. There are a lot of issues with 4.1 including proximity sensor issues, battery life, unreadable screen shots, screen going black when listening to voicemail and many more!!!!
5. $250 + my evo is a lot but the battery life of the N2 may be worth it. We'll see.

Nobody loved the evo brand more than me but the quality of the updates is just too bad to make this useable like you need it to be.

How often does the average user really need to take screenshots? I'll be the last person to defend HTC at this point but for me this is way down the list of issues I care about.

If you were one of the lucky ones that got the last ICS update with all of the contacts issues then this update couldn't have come sooner!

Harsh words, how did your phone get so much worse? If you really want it back closer to ICS have you tried turning off google now and seeing what that does for you?

I will probably end up returning my phone for wifi issues and that would mean evo #4, at some point I'm going to have to decide between the note 2 and the evo. I'm really leaning towards the note at this point not going to lie

Good luck

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

Good luck

Re: Time to dump HTC Evo?
4. There are a lot of issues with 4.1 update including proximity sensor issues, battery life, unreadable screen shots, screen going black when listening to voicemail and many more!!!! Turning off google now or a factory reset is not going to fix all the problems if any AND its gonna take me too much time getting all my apps back on.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
For "you" maybe, but I consider this one of the main features. I (as well as others who use their smartphone for business communication) find it detrimental.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

I said the average person on this, I totally get that some people rely on this feature, use it a lot and need it to work. I bet a very large percentage of users don't even realize this issue exists though

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Strange, my screen shots turn out beautiful. I thought the issue with this was sending screen shots through the messages app...

I think the problem was with how he posted it to the forum, how is that the phone's fault?!?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357244506318.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357244506318.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 39

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Strange, my screen shots turn out beautiful. I thought the issue with this was sending screen shots through the messages app...

I think the problem was with how he posted it to the forum, how is that the phone's fault?!?

Didn't I already say that, above? There is nothing wrong with screen shots. The problem is with MMS/texting screen shots...

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
My screenshots work awesome!:D

ysavuvug.jpg

Mosquitoes Refuse To Bite Me