WiFi automatically connecting after JB update

blorgon

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I haven't found any other posts on this, but my EVO LTE now connects to WiFi networks without my say-so. It will frequently connect to networks I have saved, like home or at work, even though I don't have WiFi turned on. I can't find any setting for it, and it doesn't always happen, but it's definitely happening without me doing anything. Any suggestions?

blorgon

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I did see that setting, but since it's also for 4G, doesn't that mean it won't connect to 4G if I turn it off? Right now, it's not an issue because there's no 4G in my area yet (thanks a lot Sprint!). But once there is 4G available, that seems like a hassle if auto connect to 4G and WiFi don't have separate settings.

84guy

May 25, 2010
Visit site
i dont have 4g where i am but ive heard from others that itll still hand off. i think it says 4g because it was first used in wimax devices(maybe sprint was too lazy to reword it?), which those were more like wifi(had to turn on 4g to connect, and 4g and mobile data were different toggles) and our 4G is LTE which is the same switch as Mobile Data

AFR_NY

May 10, 2012
Visit site
For people who haven?t upgraded yet, and don?t want to deal with this just: Do Not Accept WiFi Optimizer on the initial setup.

Christopher Jack

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Some people agree because it seems like a good idea for most situations, but my workplace recently changed the surfing restrictions, so it is no longer ideal to use wi-fi at work because the majority of sites I go to are blocked. So now, even though I agreed, it is no longer the optimal setting for me and it lacks any settings. People come to these forums for help and communal discussions, not to have condescending posters try to make them feel stupid.