Made the jump to MeanBean last night

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Couldn't be happier. First thing I did after boot was make a phone call...the proximity sensor worked just as it should. That was really my only issue since the update. I do love the little things he added in too: circle battery icon, the long press of the back button to kill an app, the long press of the back button on the home screen to put the phone to sleep, etc.. More than anything I like that even when there are issues with the ROM, Mikey seems very quick to get them fixed. He has already done more fixes on this ROM in a few weeks than HTC has done for our phones since launch.

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I agree - I did it Saturday night after the football game. I restarted 4 times Saturday night and then used it hard on Sunday with pictures, downloading apps (wifi), personalizing and general phone use, and I still had 30% battery after 16 hours.

It's also cake to install. I'm rooted but still S-On and it took care of everything with TWRP 2.3.3.0. It was much easier than my CM10. Check out all the other additions and download here. It's the best sense (or any for that matter, but I like sense) rom I've used. Worth rooting to do, for sure!

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Awesome! Glad you like it. I've been running MeanROM/MeanBean since some time in July. He's definitely a great developer!

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Awesome! Glad you like it. I've been running MeanROM/MeanBean since some time in July. He's definitely a great developer!

Yeah, I was on MeanROM before the OTA to JB and I loved it then. I can tell this isn't as developed, but I still prefer it to Sense 4+ stock, and you're right, A+ dev.

ajbrad71

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Just put meanbean on today. So far Iam liking what I see. Especially the free teather

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
After my first full day on the ROM I can say that I am amazed at the battery life. I'm a pretty heavy user(gaming, web browsing, heavy app use all day) and on Mondays and Thursdays I need my phone to last a good 15 hours. Today was the first day since owning my phone(got it on launch day) that I was able to make it through the entire day without charging it. This is also with the fact that I did a restart that wiped out almost 10% of battery. Awesome

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I just switched to MeanBean from the CM10 Nightlies....I couldn't take the volume issues any more. I'm liking MeanBean so far. My only question is, I see Google Now is included, but it looks like I don't have the expanded notifications....is that something that hasn't been included yet or am I just tripping?

crowrb29

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Expanded notifications still exist they just don't come that way, you have to expand them. Just made the switch today and I think I'm in love. Feels so, well just so good.

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Expanded notifications still exist they just don't come that way, you have to expand them. Just made the switch today and I think I'm in love. Feels so, well just so good.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

Mikey just sent an update out this morning. More speed!!!!!

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to. I've followed Mikey's instructions but can't find the file that running the zip creates to edit and put apps you want in the whitelist.

I'll keep you posted if I give it a go.

Also, OTA update?!?! Awesome! I love updates! It's amazing one guy can push updates so fast!

digink#AC

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I've been using it since like v0.6 and it is a great stable ROM.

Mikey is amazing, I'd suggest donating as he cranks out updates and bug fixes at a rate that should make Sprint/HTC looks completely noobish! I am sure the guy has a full time job and still cranks them out so fast it makes me head spin!

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I've been using it since like v0.6 and it is a great stable ROM.

Mikey is amazing, I'd suggest donating as he cranks out updates and bug fixes at a rate that should make Sprint/HTC looks completely noobish! I am sure the guy has a full time job and still cranks them out so fast it makes me head spin!

Completely agree. I definitely plan on throwing the guy some dough soon.

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I know right!!!!!! This one with the EQ settings would have been a huge deal for me a couple weeks ago(I was hoping HTC would put the original Beats EQ presets from the launch build back) when we got the JB update. I installed Poweramp a couple days after JB though was released and couldn't be happier.

SOLGarion

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I figured it out this morning. The file gets put into the system folder and not the sd card.

I actually laughed at this because of Google. One of the BS lame excuses for not wanting SD cards in Nexus devices was to avoid confusion as to where files were and thus make the experience better for the user. No options, very appleish. Just seeing their excuse irl made me laugh. And thus share.

Definitely no offense intended. Laughing at Google.

JobiWan144

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, MeanROM/MeanBean is my favorite Sense-based ROM. Can't wait till he brings back a lot of his mods from the ICS days to JB. The sweep gestures were something else.

Is the 2.0 release as much of a performance boost as he says? I have slow Internet, so it's kin of a pain to download a 620 MB file every day or two. Still, you gotta give Mikey credit for all the work he's been putting into it. Tip him! I did, and he deserves it.

I figured it out this morning. The file gets put into the system folder and not the sd card.

Technically it's here:

/data/MeanBean.wl

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power