Is there no shortcut for the Downloads app or am I crazy?

notsonic

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
So, every once and a while I'll download a larger file that will get stuck and just sit in my notifications. Unfortunately when this is an audio or video file, the streaming player just wants to try to play it when I click on the notification. The only way I can figure out how to open the download manager is to catch something mid-download that is not a media file, and click on its notification. There is no app in my app drawer named Downloads. What the hell? Is this a huge oversight on htc's part or am I missing something? I'm about to install a custom rom because this is crazy.

bdecastro77

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
The only way I can think is to go through Google search... Type in Downloads and scroll down to your phone info. I have the shortcut on my home screen.. Just can't remember how I got it there. Lol.. Maybe I did it before the update. Hopefully someone can tell us how to get the shortcut...

Sent from my phone... DUH!

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The fastest way to get to it natively is through the default browser and just click menu.

I'm sure you can create a shortcut to it using a third party app, but I can't seem to find a way in a stock sense.

wess580

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
The fastest way to get to it natively is through the default browser and just click menu.

I'm sure you can create a shortcut to it using a third party app, but I can't seem to find a way in a stock sense.

Use the app shortcutmaker you can make any thing a widget or a app I myself made one for app sharing

Sent from my EVO 4g lte

kmarx

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
You can goto..

http://start.htc.com/evo

And when you go to setup your home screen you can add several options such as
  1. Downloads
  2. Flash Player Settings
  3. Friends Stream
  4. Mirror
  5. Polaris Office

--of course Sense Notes is not included.

charlesspivak1

May 5, 2010
Visit site
You can goto..

http://start.htc.com/evo

And when you go to setup your home screen you can add several options such as
  1. Downloads
  2. Flash Player Settings
  3. Friends Stream
  4. Mirror
  5. Polaris Office

--of course Sense Notes is not included.

Wish you would have mentioned this deletes any settings you may have set on any of your home screens already. I thought this would simply "add on" to what was there, but it erased everything. Not the end of the world but highly annoying. Blah...

jcountryboy86

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
You could download go launcher an awesome alternative for the home wizard and there you have recent apps and downloads

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
On my note 2, I just tap the all apps icon and then scroll to downloads.

Add the shortcut to the home screen as you would any other, tap and hold, then drag to one of the home screens and release.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums