Anybody know if us Evo LTE owners will get jelly bean 4.2

jwbekens

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Even with the minor and major bugs in the 4.1.1 release, I would rather wait for an update to 4.2. Hopefully that will be in a month or so.. We shall see. Come on HTC and Sprint.

bdecastro77

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I heard that it was up to Sprint to decide when they will release the download... Being that 4.2 has already been launched and several brands already have it... Notably the newer Nexus models... But I also read on sprints forum's that we would not get 4.2

From my EVO LTE

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
If I had to guess I'd say we will. I have no idea on timing though. As for Key Lime Pie I'm not sure whether we'll see that officially.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
We probably might officially get it eventually maybe kinda sorta.
Pretty much this. Sprint takes it's time deciding whether/when to release updates. Remember how some of us had already downloaded the 4.1 update, and sprint techs didn't know it?
Even with the minor and major bugs in the 4.1.1 release, I would rather wait for an update to 4.2. Hopefully that will be in a month or so.. We shall see. Come on HTC and Sprint.
No way will it be in a month. No way. 4.1 was released in july, we got it in december. 4.2 was released in the last three months. The earliest I would guess would be late feb/ early march.
I heard that it was up to Sprint to decide when they will release the download... Being that 4.2 has already been launched and several brands already have it... Notably the newer Nexus models... But I also read on sprints forum's that we would not get 4.2

From my EVO LTE
Notably the newer nexus models.....And ONLY the newer GSM nexus models. There are no carrier specific 4.2.1 updates, and no non-nexus device 4.2.1 updates. NO device other than a GSM nexus has 4.2.1. No manufacturer has released it for any devices yet. Most phones launched at CES run 4.1 as it is. The roleout for any device will take time, and so far no one has done it (unless you count ROM devs)

If I had to guess I'd say we will. I have no idea on timing though. As for Key Lime Pie I'm not sure whether we'll see that officially.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
Key lime pie? Do you have information I don't? :eek:.

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Pretty much this. Sprint takes it's time deciding whether/when to release updates. Remember how some of us had already downloaded the 4.1 update, and sprint techs didn't know it?

No way will it be in a month. No way. 4.1 was released in july, we got it in december. 4.2 was released in the last three months. The earliest I would guess would be late feb/ early march.

Notably the newer nexus models.....And ONLY the newer GSM nexus models. There are no carrier specific 4.2.1 updates, and no non-nexus device 4.2.1 updates. NO device other than a GSM nexus has 4.2.1. No manufacturer has released it for any devices yet. Most phones launched at CES run 4.1 as it is. The roleout for any device will take time, and so far no one has done it (unless you count ROM devs)

Key lime pie? Do you have information I don't? :eek:.

Prob 4.1.2 before 4.2

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

eXplicit815

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I would imagine I'd have the next EVO before another update is available for our phones. I'd be surprised to see it before the next EVO comes out.

mazzmoney95

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Phil put out a pretty good reason to why people on Jellybean probably wont get 4.2. Besides lockscreen widget (which are useless) and the new 360 camera mode (which is pretty useless. Trust e, I've used it)that update will do nothing. It was all UI tweaks that skinned android owners wouldnt get. maybe eventually but it'll be very incremental.

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Phil put out a pretty good reason to why people on Jellybean probably wont get 4.2. Besides lockscreen widget (which are useless) and the new 360 camera mode (which is pretty useless. Trust e, I've used it)that update will do nothing. It was all UI tweaks that skinned android owners wouldnt get. maybe eventually but it'll be very incremental.

Sprint nexus getting jb 4.2

Photosphere sounds neat. Would rather see a 4.1.2 patch first though.

mazzmoney95

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Sprint nexus getting jb 4.2

Photosphere sounds neat. Would rather see a 4.1.2 patch first though.

Like I said l, people with skinned versions of android (sense, touch wiz) don't have much of a reason to wait for android 4.2. The Sprint Nexus isn't skinned son it has a reason to get it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Personally there isn't anything in 4.2 I care about. As far as photosphere if there isn't already one, I'm sure an app will be developed to do the same thing without pining for HTC to update us. They've given us our JB and Sense+, given us our Project Butter and Google Now.....they just have to worry about fixing issues they've caused IMO.