Final Farewell......Goodbye HTC

midmadn

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Just want to add that I love my evolte so much I can't even imagine any one not being in love with it. And while I may be wrong - I can't help but feel that anyone having a bad experience with this device did something or installed something that caused it.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Just want to add that I love my evolte so much I can't even imagine any one not being in love with it. And while I may be wrong - I can't help but feel that anyone having a bad experience with this device did something or installed something that caused it.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

It's possible. Easier to just blame the oem.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Constructive. You keep using that word; I do not think it means what you think it means.

Talking about how people should move on to a different phone isn't constructive to this particular forum because the vast majority those who purchased the phone at launch are only nine months into a 22 month contract so switching isn't a viable option. Whether or not *insert phone here* is a better phone is irrelevant.

Being constructive would be helping others diagnose and work around particular issues until their is potentially an official fix.

Suggesting people get a different phone is in fact destructive to the community by definition.

I was quoting someone's previous usage of the word "constructive" and I'm confident I have a firm grasp on the meaning of the word

I couldn't agree with you more.
But we also don't need so-called "enlightened" people coming into the Evo LTE forum and calling the device "trash" over and over, do we?

It looks to me like a few people are SO insecure about their decision, they just have to come here and be hyper-vocal and trashy just to help make themselves feel better and more important.

I didn't mean to start a huge debate/argument. I agree with almost everything you are all saying. I don't want to come to the evo forum and read about the note's screen, and if the note is too big, and if the note's screen is on par with the evo....blah blah blah.

But I think someone typing a single post saying something to the extent of "I had the evo since launch, I had a lot of problems with the phone, I got a note as a replacement and I think it's better" is useful to evo people. If I'm reading someone's post and they have the same issues with the evo that i may have and they found a phone that now meets their needs then I want to know that. I'll then go read the note forums for more information. It's when you keep going on and on about the note that it turns into trolling, that's my 2 cents

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
But I think someone typing a single post saying something to the extent of "I had the evo since launch, I had a lot of problems with the phone, I got a note as a replacement and I think it's better" is useful to evo people.

Agree! If that's what this thread said it would be fine by me. It's the calling it "a piece of crap" and "trash" that puts it over the top and what got everyone's ire up.

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I carry a portable battery charger in my bag

Same here. However now that I've been running Jellybean for a while now and turned off most of what I will never use in google now, my battery life is far better than before the update. Right after the update, unbelievably bad. Now, quite good.

And now that I have that iBolt charging mount in the car, I get a little boost in juice going places and battery life is not even close to being a problem.

Now, as for all the Sammy HTC bashing going back and fourth, when I went into Sprint to get a phone I was only looking at 2. The S3 and the LTE Evo. Sammy has done some really cool stuff with the software, but the build of the Evo tops it for me. I have several tablets and don't need the size of the Note 2. Each has their issues, all one has to do is look through the forums. I'm dealing with them and I'm happy with my choice.

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I still think it's hilarious how people migrating to the Note II or GSIII trash the EVO as "inferior". The EVO and GSIII are largely the same phone, with a few differences:

-EVO has a noticeably better screen.
-EVO has kickstand, better build quality, and hardware cam button.
-GSIII has 2GB RAM.

I've been parroting this on these forums forever. Performance one way or the other, as well as battery life, are even. The real difference comes down to user experience - Sense vs Touchwiz. My take on it - Touchwiz is chaotic in its design language, appears disorganized, and is filled to the brim with useless "features" simply to check boxes to tout against the competition. Sense isn't perfect, but I like it better day to day. But hell, even Sense/Touchwiz can be removed. And bugs exist for any smartphone - that's a simple fact of life if you own one.

Now, the Note II is another story. It's a different class of device entirely. One not meant for everybody; something that should be tried before it can be used. Still, for a device that came out so much later than the One X, it's surprisingly comparable. The SLCD2 is still a better screen, and performance is not far off. The large battery does help though. Above all, I'd say the Note is not meant to be compared to "normal" smartphones, but rather be considered as a different kind of device all together.

Taking all of the above into account makes it pretty entertaining when someone comes on here trashing the EVO as a garbage compared to a Samsung product. Half the time, they're completely off base (at least my GSIII has a micro SD! take that EVO!). Regardless, it almost always lulz-worthy. Good for you that you made the switch. Even better that you decided to come on here and pontificate. Just pick whatever makes you happy (no matter how silly the reason) and be done with it.

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Now, the Note II is another story. It's a different class of device entirely.

^^^^THIS^^^^ times a thousand.

To me to compare screen sizes and battery life between a phone and a phablet is as moot a point as it is to compare being able to carry the Note 2 in your pocket vs., say a Nexus 10.

Last edited:

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
It is insane how buggy a stock evo jb 4.1 is.
You shouldn't have to root for phone for it to be a quality phone.
A 2,000 mah battery is NOT sufficient for lots of usage, jelly bean and hundred of apps to last a full day without a charge. You need atleast 3,000 mah.
Anybody that HAS a Note wil say it fits in their pocket fine. They are both about the same thickness too.
You don't realize the EVO is trash until you get a note. I'm serious too. There is no comparison!!

I am not getting the issue with JB and the EVO LTE. When i updated to JB, i made sure to do a factory reset before i installed my apps. I swear my phone has worked like a machine ever since. I just love how smooth it works. Some of you might want to check that you don't have a buggy application that's causing your issues..but i love my EVO. The JB update has not been buggy at all for me.

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I am not getting the issue with JB and the EVO LTE. When i updated to JB, i made sure to do a factory reset before i installed my apps. I swear my phone has worked like a machine ever since. I just love how smooth it works. Some of you might want to check that you don't have a buggy application that's causing your issues..but i love my EVO. The JB update has not been buggy at all for me.

consider yourself lucky. Something doesn't sound right though.

This has 600 posts on all the bugs!!!:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g-lte/234732-bugs-jelly-bean.html

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11