Final Farewell......Goodbye HTC

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
This weekend I finally pulled the trigger after 2 years with EVO 3D and LTE and bought a Galaxy Note 2. Boy am I a happy son of a gun!!!!! This is how an Android is meant to be! My battery lasts more than a full day with a ton of usage. And guess what? I dont have to turn anything off. I can just enjoy the phone for what it was meant to be!
When I call there is no delay.
When I listen to my voicemail the screen doesn't turn black.
There are a gazillion features too!

Htc sense had a nice look but I will not miss a phone did not function properly. Its unfortunate because the evo could of been a great. Too bad they don't even test the software before they send it out the door. I think a lot of people will jump ship because of the lack of quality control at HTC. If I could describe the EVO LTE after the last 2 updates I would say that it is a piece of crap!!!! Some of you may say that you can root it and there wont be the bugs but the screen is still small (yes I said small. 5.5 is the new norm) and the battery life still sucks under heavy usage,

If you are thinking about jumping ship to a Note 2, you wont regret it. Oh.....it is a gorgeous phone too!

See you on the Note 2 forums......

eXplicit815

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Enjoy carrying that around with you. And, not everyone is having problems with the updates for the EVO. I, myself, have had no problems with either updates, and my phone works fine. I even got to use LTE on my way through Cocoa Beach the other day.

So, until the next one of these threads pops up (which will be any minute now I'm assuming) on here or another site, enjoy.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I am very happy with my HTC DNA. I selected it after trying the Note 2 because of build quality and size. Battery life is quite good.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
This weekend I finally pulled the trigger after 2 years with EVO 3D and LTE and bought a Galaxy Note 2. Boy am I a happy son of a gun!!!!! This is how an Android is meant to be! My battery lasts more than a full day with a ton of usage. And guess what? I dont have to turn anything off. I can just enjoy the phone for what it was meant to be!

Htc sense had a nice look but I will not miss a phone did not function properly. Its unfortunate because the evo could of been a great. Too bad they don't even test the software before they send it out the door. I think a lot of people will jump ship because of the lack of quality control at HTC. If I could describe the EVO LTE after the last 2 updates I would say that it is a piece of crap!!!! Some of you may say that you can root it and there wont be the bugs but the screen is still small (yes I said small. 5.5 is the new norm) and the battery life still sucks under heavy usage,

If you are thinking about jumping ship to a Note 2, you wont regret it. Oh.....it is a gorgeous phone too!

I'm almost 2 weeks in doing the same thing you did and i am extremely happy. I will not come here and knock the evo, , , i loved my evo . My main reason for doing this is i wanted the phone\tablet mix. Still fits perfectly in the same pockets. No difference at all as far as carrying around.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
It is insane how buggy a stock evo jb 4.1 is.
You shouldn't have to root for phone for it to be a quality phone.
A 2,000 mah battery is NOT sufficient for lots of usage, jelly bean and hundred of apps to last a full day without a charge. You need atleast 3,000 mah.
Anybody that HAS a Note wil say it fits in their pocket fine. They are both about the same thickness too.
You don't realize the EVO is trash until you get a note. I'm serious too. There is no comparison!!

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
A 2,000 mah battery is NOT sufficient for lots of usage, jelly bean and hundred of apps to last a full day without a charge. You need atleast 3,000 mah.!

Huh, when I purchased my EVO 4G LTE it said right on the web page that it was a 2000 mAh battery. I'm sure yours did too.

This is what I hate about these types of threads, they start beating on things that were known at the time the device was purchased. Is HTC or the Evo perfect? No. Is Samsung or the Note 2 perfect? No. In can fact if we rolled back a year looked at how many people were swearing off Samsung forever because they weren't getting updates out, etc.

It's cyclical. Anyway, the grass is always greener.

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Evo lte has 2,000. It wasn't terrible when the phone came out. It won't last a day with lots of use. However, with Google Now and newest Sense, you need much more battery power. The Evo is not capable of having the battery upgraded because its sealed in like an iphone. Therefore, it is outdated and the hardware does not match the software. That is why I am saying a note 2 with a 3k battery and a 6k extended battery is an android power lovers dream. I'm going to definately use the 6k extended battery on my note during the weekends. I havne't received the battery yet so I may even use it every day.

Evo is trash. The grass is greaner with a note 2!! ANYBODY who makes the switch will agree.

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Evo lte has 2,000. It wasn't terrible when the phone came out. It won't last a day with lots of use. However, with Google Now and newest Sense, you need much more battery power. The Evo is not capable of having the battery upgraded because its sealed in like an iphone. Therefore, it is outdated and the hardware does not match the software. That is why I am saying a note 2 with a 3k battery and a 6k extended battery is an android power lovers dream. I'm going to definately use the 6k extended battery on my note during the weekends. I havne't received the battery yet so I may even use it every day.

Evo is trash. The grass is greaner with a note 2!! ANYBODY who makes the switch will agree.

Leave guy. I'm happy with my phone. I carry a portable battery charger in my bag for emergencies. Have only used it twice in 4 months.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

LegacyEvoAce

May 29, 2012
Visit site

5.5 is the new norm??LOL ok bro! Since you say so that must be the case!!! Hey everyone 5.5 is the new norm because corvette72778 says so! You heard it here first 5.5 is the new norm!!

The Screen on the Note 2 is a piece of junk crapoled nuff said.
Yes Evo has alot of issues and HTC is currently failing hard but the Note 2 also has its issues 2 of my bros and one of my sis have it and they have the same issues when getting called sometimes their phone does not ring at all other times it takes a while to start ringing about mid way. Those are the obvious issues that they can pick up without being good with tech otherwise im sure they would find/notice more.

So no the Note2 is not special reguardless of how many samtards say it is. I'm not saying the Note 2 sucks but it has plenty of issues on top of the fact it feels crappy in your hand and has a craptastic screen.

Getting a Note 2 right now is fairly dumb thing to do within the next 3months there we will be at least 2-3 phones that are better and within the first 6months of the year virtually every phone will be better significantly better.(especially if Samsung finally decides to stop using inferior screen tech)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair