Evo 4G LTE stuck in boot loop? Or bicked? Not sure. Need help

Gabriel Baer

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Ok so I had a family member who is pretty skilled with this root my phone and flash to the Viper4G_1.0.0 rom. Everything was working good untill my phone died one day. When i re charged it nothing was working. All my apps were crashing. SO I gave my cousin the phone again and he re flashed it to the Viper 4g rom. After that it would reboot and go to the white screen where it says ***Tampered*** and ***Unlocked***. Ive rebooted the phone multiple times and it keeps going here. I then used ADB with a boot.img file and it completed the process of writing the image. When the phone turned on a symbol of a phone with green curcular arrows came up. The phone rebooted again and it had a phone with a red triangle and an exclamation point. This is where im stuck. I need this phone working again. No matter what it takes. Thanks in advance. Heres what the white screen says.

Jewel PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.15.0000
RADIO-1.05.11.0606
OpenDSP-v25.1.0.32.0405
eMMC-boot
Jan 18 2012, 17:05:37

Gabriel Baer

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Ok so I fixed the phone yesterday night. First I wiped everything through twrp, cache, system, etc. Then I tried flashing the Rom that I had first flashed when it was working. Then I took the boot.IMG file out of the Roms .zip and used ADB to write the image file onto my phone. After a 10 minute reboot phone works like a charm.

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I fixed the phone yesterday night. First I wiped everything through twrp, cache, system, etc. Then I tried flashing the Rom that I had first flashed when it was working. Then I took the boot.IMG file out of the Roms .zip and used ADB to write the image file onto my phone. After a 10 minute reboot phone works like a charm.

Glad to see you got it working. It's weird that it happened randomly like that but that's a soft brick, and what you did is the standard method to fix it. Hopefully you won't have to again in future.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL