Memory Issues, need some insight and opinions on this

Luis Odicio Aguilar

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi, l'm new to the forums and would like your guys help in trying to figure this out: Not sure if this subject/issue has been discussed before, but l've been experiencing memory managing issues for a while now and would like to know if there's a way to fix this:

On the previous version of HTC software l started having problems with the phone's storage feature after l started downloading movies, videos, documentaries, etc through/with Tubemate. Fortunately l downloaded 2 apps that allowed me to manage the storage function on my phone and was able to clear up some memory after a while, App 2 SD and SanDisk Memory Zone.
However after the last software update l'm no longer able to access all the areas/partitions in the phone's memory/storage area and had to hard reset my phone through Sprint, needles to say l lost some apps and data that l've had stored on different apps, my phone was working fine for a couple of days.
l've been checking the phone's storage just to make sure the problem didn't come back, had to reinstall all the apps that were available on my Google Account, but now the problem is beginning to show again. On the phone's settings and through the SanDisk app l can see all the areas that are using the phone's memory and have access to all but one that appears under the name "Others", l don't know what's in this "Others" file nor do l have a way to access/manage/clear this area.
Does anybody know or have an idea on how to deal/fix this issue?? Your guys input will be greatly appreciated since l'm new to the Android Technology, this is my first Android phone actually, and have no clue on what to do about this.
Phone's not rooted, by the way, and l'm not planning on going that route with the phone. Thanks for your time, patience amd prompt response to this. :cool:

84guy

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Other is like the windows folder on a pc. Just buy a bigger sd card and remember to move stuff off the phone if you run out of space

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci