Sprint tech suggested S3 to replace my Evo LTE...

bdecastro77

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
This is my first HTC phone. I really like the way this phone is built. I had the Samsung Epic before this phone and it was a nightmare with software issues so I wanted to go HTC.

Before Jelly Bean was released I was exchanged into a Galaxy SIII and I didnt like the feel of the phone compared to my EVO LTE so I was able to swap back because they didnt tell me the day after the exchange Jelly Bean was released. So have the EVO back which I really love.. But its still buggy with data issues.. I have an option to go back to Samsung GSIII and I am not sure what to do. HTC cant get sense notes. on here. or a full version of polaris office. The EVO is just a much better built phone it seems to me. I am not sure what to do because of the date issues..

Im really liking this S3... I know what you mean though as far as the weight of the phones go.. HTC is much heavier, more solid feel. Just get a decent case and that should solve that issue. Just honesty have had 0 problems with this S3. Software is definitely a game changer

Cash Money Castro

kmarx

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
the only other thing i can think of is to get HTC to replace their defective evo ltes's with the new m7 when they come out.

flyer8493

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
the only other thing i can think of is to get HTC to replace their defective evo ltes's with the new m7 when they come out.

We won't get an m7. We will get another EVO that's just like the m7 but with bad radios. ;)

Sent from my third EVO.

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I have been reading through this thread and i guess the most important question is........why the hell does it seem like everybody usually goes through like 3 or 4 Evo's? Personally im on my third 4GLTE and my 6th Evo in genera( all within the course of a year) l. I like the Evo much better the the S3 it feels like a better phone more solid phone although i like the S3 i just cant get with touchwiz, sense is just a way better UI. But back to my question why does it seem like a gold standard for people to go through more then a few handsets in the course of a 2 year span?

midmadn

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
In my house we bought 3 original evo's on release. Only one ever had to be replaced and that was the 11 year olds that broke the charge port. Right now we have one evo 3d and 2 evo lte's from release day also and no problems other than the little bugs like proximity sensor.

So out of 6 HTC phones - 1 has had to be replaced and I bet it had something to do with the 11 year old.

Sent from my MeanBean optimized and Supercharged ElteVO.

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I would bet those of you that have gone through multiple evo's, have problems with every device you have owned! Maybe its you and not the phone! I had one palm pre, lasted over a year, one og EVO that is still being used by a friend, one EVO 3d, one Motorola photon that my wife still uses! Maybe I'm just lucky! LOL

Remember what the doormouse said, feed your head!

Nappynatl

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
What's up EVO 4G fam (and others....lol). This is my first post ever, but how in the world are you guys going through so many phones? I'm still on my original EVO LTE. I must admit that the SGIII is a beast, but I love my EVO LTE! Of course getting it on launch, like most people, I had a problem getting LTE...only due to the fact that LTE wasn't really widely available in my market (ATL). Now, I'm at home and can turn off my wifi and get LTE, although wifi is still better. The only problem I really had with this phone was the proximity and battery life being all jacked up after the JB install. Since the latest update, released late in Jan, the proximity has been fixed. Since I just downloaded the latest update less than 24 hours ago, I can't really speak on the battery life to see if it's improved. Anywho.....stay thirsty, my friends!

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
That's why the cost of insurance is so high. Do people go through 4 laptops in a year? I don't believe that it's the phone but the user. People are anal about their phones. They want the best and newest and are quick to blame the manufacturer for problems. I have in the past exchanged a couple handsets that were just because I wanted a new handset but since my EVO I have only had one device. I have spent so much time setting it up that it's a part of my life. There is no way that someone gets more than 1 faulty device from a company in a year.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
My roommates had each of theirs switched once and had had enough. One got a galaxy s3 and one just upgraded another line and got a note 2. Both are now very happy.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Phoenix Rev

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I had the original EVO and only had to swap it out for a refurb when an update got corrupted and put the phone into a continuous reboot loop. The techs at Sprint were very accommodating and I had a phone a day or two later and never had any problems with it.

Now I am on the new EVO and have had no problems at all.

kmarx

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
The tech find failure on the phone before they get exchanged.

I will tell you that using a magnetic case screws up the phone. I learned that on my Epic it forced my phone to power cycle off. The first week I had it when they were selling the Galaxy S Leather Holsters I was talking to one of Sprints techs' on the phone and magnetic closures are bad for the phones.

- - - Updated - - -

The tech find failure on the phone before they get exchanged.

I will tell you that using a magnetic case screws up the phone. I learned that on my Epic it forced my phone to power cycle off. The first week I had it when they were selling the Galaxy S Leather Holsters I was talking to one of Sprints techs' on the phone and magnetic closures are bad for the phones.

flyer8493

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I would bet those of you that have gone through multiple evo's, have problems with every device you have owned! Maybe its you and not the phone! I had one palm pre, lasted over a year, one og EVO that is still being used by a friend, one EVO 3d, one Motorola photon that my wife still uses! Maybe I'm just lucky! LOL

Remember what the doormouse said, feed your head!

I never had problems with my OG EVO. Kept the same one through the duration of my contract.

Sent from my third EVO.

top magoo

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
i've had 4 htc phones in about 6 years.

the first, was one of their windows versions. the screen developed a dead-spot after 2 years
second was a hero for about a year when i upgraded
og evo was third for 2.5 years until my daughter wanted a new phone and i had an upgrade
finally, updated to the lte

BigPuddin

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting an S3 tomorrow. My Evo just randomly heats up and drains the battery. They offered to give me a new Evo and I just asked for an S3 instead. Sorry guys. I'll miss the beautiful screen and aluminum body, but I won't miss much else.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
One problem with these situations is that we don't really know what people are doing to their phones.

I have friends who constantly drop their phones. Then a few weeks later they complain that the phone sucks and this or that doesn't work. Hmm, generally dropping electronics is not good for them. It may not break immediately so they think the it's fine. But in reality, they've damaged an IC, cracked a solder trace, damaged a cell in the battery, or damaged a capacitor in the digitizer.

Not calling out anyone in this thread, I'm just saying in general. People can do less obvious things to their phones that cause problems and then think the phones are just prone to be defective. Having the phone in the bathroom when they're showering, leaving the phone in a super hot or super cold car, or using a defective charger can all cause problems with a phone that develop over time.

Sure, there are exception like the Palm Pre where it was a poorly constructed device. But in general when someone has to get four or five devices, and not necessarily just phones, there is some underlying cause.