New EVO LTE 4gen on its way in 2013???

TEEMILL

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I went to add a line on my service for my sister at bestbuy mobile today 1-28-13 and she wanted the new EVO 4g LTE and the sales rep told us that they discontinued the phone because a new one is in the works in disbelief we went to radio shack and they told us the exact samething so then I called Sprints customer care (611) and the lady said the EVO 4g LTE is now only being sold by HTC.com sprint stores and sprint.com because there clearing out inventory to make way for a 4gen EVO has anybody else heard the same thing?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I went to add a line on my service for my sister at bestbuy mobile today 1-28-13 and she wanted the new EVO 4g LTE and the sales rep told us that they discontinued the phone because a new one is in the works in disbelief we went to radio shack and they told us the exact samething so then I called Sprints customer care (611) and the lady said the EVO 4g LTE is now only being sold by HTC.com sprint stores and sprint.com because there clearing out inventory to make way for a 4gen EVO has anybody else heard the same thing?

Fast disco. Amazon has good prices for evo lte

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
It's the new HTC that will launch next month I believe the m7. The new flagship phone for HTC on sprint. Won't be a need to keep both phones in inventory

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Bs. The sprint store I go to sells it IN STORE.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2
That's what he said. "... the EVO 4g LTE is now only being sold by HTC.com sprint stores and sprint.com because...". Maybe the lack of commas is throwing people off. I had to read it twice.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
That's what he said. "... the EVO 4g LTE is now only being sold by HTC.com sprint stores and sprint.com because...". Maybe the lack of commas is throwing people off. I had to read it twice.

Opps lol

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I wasn't aware they were planning on placing the "Evo" name on the M7. I guess we wait and see...

From what little we might know about the M7: No kickstand. No SD Card. Although it does have a camera button. Then it doesn't even retain the POGO pins of the OneX or even the back notification lamp of the DNA. Also, the rear is very boring/design-less.

I would have a hard time placing the name "Evo" on it, myself.

calvinserrano

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Still at Best Buy here in a few locations in Denver. My store has had boosting sales of the phone from the Super Bowl commercial the phone was featured on. I'm still wondering though if in our next shipment, the LTEvo will still be there.

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't aware they were planning on placing the "Evo" name on the M7. I guess we wait and see...

From what little we might know about the M7: No kickstand. No SD Card. Although it does have a camera button. Then it doesn't even retain the POGO pins of the OneX or even the back notification lamp of the DNA. Also, the rear is very boring/design-less.

I would have a hard time placing the name "Evo" on it, myself.

Dunno, that's kind of how I felt about the Evo 3D when it came out, didn't seem like a direct evolution, just a kind of spacer product. In my mind the Evo LTE is the real "sequel" to the OG Evo. So with the M7 it could be the same deal, just kind of a newer faster phone under the same naming scheme.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Was reading specs on the m7 and the screen size is the same as my EVO LTE.. Nothing that gives a real wow factor in my opinion. I'm now thinking I will just stay with my EVO for another year and save the expense

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Am I the only one that believes that the M7 (minus possible lack of SD card) is what the LTE should have been?

Last edited:

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only one that believes that the M7 (minus lack of SD card) is what the LTE should have been?

Perhaps [you are the only one]. Since it also has no kickstand. And no nice design elements either. And the lack of SD really would SUCK. That is not really what I would have wanted my phone to be.

2GB of RAM, now that would be the only thing.

nightmare

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
As much as I'd like to see a bespoke Evo for Sprint in 2013, it makes more sense to follow a Samsung like approach. One phone on all major carriers.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
As much as I'd like to see a bespoke Evo for Sprint in 2013, it makes more sense to follow a Samsung like approach. One phone on all major carriers.

Couldn't agree more! I hate the "fragmentation" word, but think how much more focused you could be if you have the same device no matter the carrier!

It would be even better if somehow all the carriers in the U.S. would switch over to GSM and we could do away with CDMA. That way manufacturers could just focus on devices and carriers be damned.

nightmare

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Couldn't agree more! I hate the "fragmentation" word, but think how much more focused you could be if you have the same device no matter the carrier!

It would be even better if somehow all the carriers in the U.S. would switch over to GSM and we could do away with CDMA. That way manufacturers could just focus on devices and carriers be damned.

I agree. Going to GSM across the board simplifies everything in so many ways. I'm with you on focusing on devices.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11