New update 3.16.651.3.710D available now!

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
- Android process/application shutdown resolved

Does this have anything to do with the multitasking? As in are we now able to go from one app without worrying about the previous one restarting itself? It's much better than when the phone was first released but it could still be better. Hopefully this helps?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Had to take some indoor pictures today. Quality seems less than stellar now.

Anyone else?

Sent from my EVO L(a)TE using Android Central Forums.

mike31082

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Does this have anything to do with the multitasking? As in are we now able to go from one app without worrying about the previous one restarting itself? It's much better than when the phone was first released but it could still be better. Hopefully this helps?

No it doesn't. I noticed the multitasking issue you are talking about still exists.

I think it had to do with certain apps crashing and not working on the phone. In paticular I noticed this problem with ESPN's SportsCenter app. It would crash and wouldn't load at all before today's update. It actually works fine now.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I noticed the multitasking issue you are talking about still exists. I think it had to do with certain apps crashing and not working on the phone..

No. It has to do with available memory, the size of the apps, the size of Sense, and how the OS (through Sense) manages "open" applications (which is controlled through multiple settings). Sometimes it will keep apps running when unfocused. Sometimes it will suspend background apps. Sometimes it will completely swap them out of memory, causing them to reload. The strategy is complex, and initially it was horribly poor at doing what I would want to do. The last (not this) update improved the situation tremendously. But there is no "broken" or "fixed", just various behavior ranges.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
This update also updates the People app from 4.5.468279 to 4.5.539441, which includes the fix to sync Facebook friendd whose birthday is February 29.

Surprised this want mentioned at all in the change log.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
This update also updates the People app from 4.5.468279 to 4.5.539441, which includes the fix to sync Facebook friendd whose birthday is February 29.

Surprised this want mentioned at all in the change log.

Those "change logs" are notoriously useless. Typically LOTS of stuff is changed that is never mentioned. Why they don't want to take credit for fixes is beyond me.

italianotampa

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I didn't connect in a fringe 4G area where I usually connect, twice. Hope its not a trend.
Also I don't see any improvement in battery life.

Sent From My EVO LTE

kmarx

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Did you update the voicemail app.. There is a separate update for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Of Course no HTC Notes still

rsk2mc

Banned
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Everyone knows what i mean! Lol

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

I thought if you went to apps>power> and untick show notification it fixed that. I'm rooted so it doesn't show anyway, but I thought that is how you did it.

Sent from the blob fish (if you don't know what a blobfish is, Google it)

jwbekens

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Did you update the voicemail app.. There is a separate update for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Of Course no HTC Notes still

Thanks for letting me know. I went into the voicemail app and checked for the update. Will let you know if the sound quality is better.

italianotampa

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Its not connecting to LTE areas without toggle again! Did they change the scan timer in this update because when it did finally connect it was 5 mins or so?

Sent From My EVO LTE

Jeff Harris

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
just updated. i was having issues with the fm radio app. just stopping and phone shutting itself off and resetting. also, the battery life has been worse since JB update.
hope this helps with the battery as well !

Cyrene

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that "battery pulling" no longer eats up 10% of my battery power.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

mike31082

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Some more changes I've noticed. Battery life seems to be improved and I've noticed a more stable framerate in benchmark apps for what its worth.

italianotampa

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Yes um definitely having issues with LTE now. I think the threshold was set lower so it disconnects faster on a weaker signal.

Sent From My EVO LTE

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63