New update 3.16.651.3.710D available now!

sgreen0

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Since updating, Google Maps/Nav keeps crashing.

More specifically, after finding and address, asking to Navigate there, Nav opens and starts giving instructions.

Shortly after, I get a message that Maps has stopped working, and the map disappears form the screen.

If I wait patiently, Nav WILL continue to give me instruction without the map!

This is 100% reproducible.

Stephen

blorgon

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Since updating, Google Maps/Nav keeps crashing.

More specifically, after finding and address, asking to Navigate there, Nav opens and starts giving instructions.

Shortly after, I get a message that Maps has stopped working, and the map disappears form the screen.

If I wait patiently, Nav WILL continue to give me instruction without the map!

This is 100% reproducible.

Stephen

I haven't updated yet, so this concerns me. I also haven't updated Google Maps since before the Jellybean update because of the problems other people were having. So my maps and navigation are currently working fine.

Stephen, is your Google Maps the latest one (Dec 17, 2012 dated)? And to anyone else that has updated to 3.16.65.3 710D, are you having problems with Google Maps/Navigation too? I'd like to find out if the system update is to blame for Stephen's Map/Nav problem or if it's because of the Dec 17, 2012 Maps update.

To reiterate, I am still on software version 3.15.651.16 710RD, running Jellybean, and haven't updated Google Maps since before the Dec 17, 2012 version (which is the most recent), and my Maps/Navigation are running without problems. I'd like to update to software version 3.16... but if it breaks Google Maps/Navigation, I won't.

sgreen0

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't know the date on the Maps app, but it says version 6.10.0.

I tried uninstalling Maps, and it seems to have re installed itself.

My wife, show also has an Evo 4G LTE, has switched to TeleNav for now.

Stephen

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I haven't updated yet, so this concerns me. I also haven't updated Google Maps since before the Jellybean update because of the problems other people were having. So my maps and navigation are currently working fine.

Stephen, is your Google Maps the latest one (Dec 17, 2012 dated)? And to anyone else that has updated to 3.16.65.3 710D, are you having problems with Google Maps/Navigation too? I'd like to find out if the system update is to blame for Stephen's Map/Nav problem or if it's because of the Dec 17, 2012 Maps update.

To reiterate, I am still on software version 3.15.651.16 710RD, running Jellybean, and haven't updated Google Maps since before the Dec 17, 2012 version (which is the most recent), and my Maps/Navigation are running without problems. I'd like to update to software version 3.16... but if it breaks Google Maps/Navigation, I won't.

It's my understanding that if you weren't broke in 3.15 you won't be broke in 3.16. My google nav/maps has always worked.

top magoo

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
i'll give my .02 cents... since the january update, this phone has been rock-solid. the only real issue i ever encountered prior to that, was the proximity sensor. that problem was fixed with the january update and i am pretty much 100% happy.

i've had this phone since august, i've never had to rebuild it nor had to trade it in. i do scrutinize every app i install and don't change too much so i know if something has caused problems. i check for updates weekly, clean out old messages, clear cache, reboot, etc on a weekly basis. i think being diligent with the maintenance helps keep it running at tip top shape.

blorgon

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I don't know the date on the Maps app, but it says version 6.10.0.

I tried uninstalling Maps, and it seems to have re installed itself.

My wife, show also has an Evo 4G LTE, has switched to TeleNav for now.

Stephen

Hmm, just checked my Maps version, it's 6.14.0. Weird, your version is lower than mine even though you recently re-installed?

Mikey47 & top magoo, thanks for the info. I think I'll chance the update. Would either of you advise updating Maps as well? Like I said, it's working fine, but I prefer to keep apps updated when possible.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, just checked my Maps version, it's 6.14.0. Weird, your version is lower than mine even though you recently re-installed?

Mikey47 & top magoo, thanks for the info. I think I'll chance the update. Would either of you advise updating Maps as well? Like I said, it's working fine, but I prefer to keep apps updated when possible.

My Maps is 6.14.2. I always stay up to date unless there is wide spread issues with an update. Sure there are some here that have issues with maps on 3.16, but iv think there sac bigger group that had the issue when going to jelly bean in the first place. Since you've made the jump there, I'm predicting you are going to be fine going to 3.16.

top magoo

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site

my maps is at version 6.14.2 .
i believe i have all apps as "auto-update" and i keep a backup of the previous install .apk on my astro file manager.

goggles6

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
My face unlock setting has been missing since the jb update, since the new one, battery life is worse, and i am having a lot of lag and random reboots. Should I get that nexus tablet refresh coming in may? or should i pool it into the ONE right now?

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Was really wanting to update but not if Foxfi is still not working.

I was in the same boat but finally gave in and updated. Just got passed a trip where I needed to wireless tether so from now on I'll be usb tethering. Just won't be able to connect my tablet.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci