Dead Strip on Touchscreen

spak888

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

Just recently my screen became unresponsive and sporadic. I downloaded a screen test and it shows an entire strip on the screen that is "dead". The phone has never been dropped, I am not using a screen protector (no scratches) and the phone is not rooted. I spent some time browsing the archives but there wasn't a definitive answer. Has anyone else had this issue and resolved it? Attached are a few screenshots.

2013-02-02191903.png

2013-02-02190457.png

2013-02-02185820.png

Thanks for the help in advance.

Ferms_93_2.8T

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I had the exact same problem in exactly the same place. I found that if I pushed on the top right corner of the screen I could make it go crazy. If you turn on the "show touches" option in developer options, you will see where its putting false touches.

I went to the sprint store and they said the digitizer was bad. Option was to wait until they could find a donor phone with a digitizer or just get a refurb. I opted for the refurb because the phone was useless at times since most check boxes show up in the center where the no-touch area is.

On a side note, your post is the first I've seen with the issue.

warrior85

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Even my phone had got the same problem today.

The portion of the screen dead is exactly at the same place.

Phone model :HTC one X
1 year old

Has anyone found any solution to it yet?

petern23

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Had this same thing last week, but my dead strip was a little lower. Sometimes it would press randomly all over the lower half of the screen and sometimes the area just wouldn't work. First thing that I noticed was that my status bar wouldn't pull down. I did a similar test with an app called Arashi that follows your touch. It seemed to alternate registering false touches and have that area completely dead. I have TEP on the phone, took it to Sprint and got a replacement screen. Fixed.

Dirk MacDowall

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
my jg g2 just started that 3 days ago took me a while to figure it out..... found a couple utube vids about it....looks like the digitiser is going out as mine in almost intemittent. i kind of suspect some software problem as my phone has never been dropped or abuse in any way but a factory reset has not
solved the problem....im still in the 1 year warranty so as i have already removed the screen protector i guess its a tmobile warranty issue now....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1