Picture thumbnails won't show up

taniabonita52

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone,

Perhaps this is a silly question... and perhaps my brain is just too tired to process things right now.... But I am having trouble managing the photos on my phone when I plug it in to my hp laptop running Windows 7. All the photos show up as little flowers. I need to see the thumbnails in order to know what photos I am going to delete/remove... and seeing these pesky little flowers isn't helping me. All options to display actual thumbnails are checked (at least I think they are). Maybe this is something really simple that I am overlooking. I don't know. Some help would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

Fullscreencapture17201381214PM_zps156e1247.png

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Maybe those really are thumbnails and all your pictures are actually all the same picture of a flower. ;-)

I've noticed the same thing though.

Sent from my EVO L(a)TE using Android Central Forums.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I have to. My pics show up with flowers and I have too click on the pic to see what picture it actually is. :(

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

taniabonita52

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I click on the preview thing, and I just get an empty space even when I select a photo. :(

This is the only thing that irritates me about this phone right now.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

HnLA

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I added an SD card and updated from Ice Cream to Jelly Bean and the same thing happen yesterday, I get the Windows Picture Gallery Icon. I am also having a difficult time when connecting with USB. In Ice cream it gave options that made sense, like Just power, sync, as a drive. Now I get two windows that open one for the Evo under Portable Devices and another for HTC Sync Mgr. The HTC sync mgr does not seem to work.
I assume our issue is related to this, and have googled this issue a bit. I am not sure why Jelly Bean is an improvement. But hopefully someone will come up with an answer. Same with videos. Videos taken on my camera have a preview, but videos taken by my phone do not. Thank you.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I click on the preview thing, and I just get an empty space even when I select a photo. :(

This is the only thing that irritates me about this phone right now.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

This doesn't seem to only be on this phone. You have to move the pics to your hard drive on your computer to use the preview option. Saw similar thread in gs3 forum.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE